gyro or no gyro? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #11
truman
RCC Contributor

I am: Robert S

Total Props: 0
Re: gyro or no gyro?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
don't worry my flybar hit my 401 and took the corner off still works fine I know you can order a new case for them. if you can mount the gyro on the bottom it will be alot safer that way

Rob
truman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #12

Total Props: 57
Cool Re: gyro or no gyro?

well today i find out wether or not i am buying a new futaba gy401. see i have decided to sell the van to pay off multiple bills along as get a gyro. the mechanical one i recieved from flysrcs is ok but i cannot for the life of me find anything on this one at all. and i tried to ask in other forums all i could get was "i think it is this" well that dont sit right with me , so hopefully i sell the van if not i am stuck with this one till i sell the van. still havent tried to fire it up however. as i have to get some wire ties to fix the tank rubber. for some reason the fuel leaks out of it.. the tank is not cracked anywhere it just leaks out the front where the rubber stopper is. i tried to tighten it but it wants to pop out ? i am still waiting on some money owed to me as i still need the balls so i can hookup the links to the servos . other then those , it sits on its pirch and looks pretty ....lmao will post later iether wich way.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #13

here it is 11:44 am and the van aint sold , instead the guy wants to take it to his mechanic first then decide. so now i wait . in the meantime i dont know if this is right or not but i took another shot at hooking up the gyro, here is what steps i was told to do then steps that i have figured out on my own from going over it again in my head. . i hope flysrcs will jump in here as to if he remembers maybe from my posting on how to hook it up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gyro2_description1_copy.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	33223   Click image for larger version

Name:	gyro2 findings.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	33224  

Old 05-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #14

you will want to fix that tank for sure..pressure from the pipe pressurizes the fuel tank to feed the carb.
you fire that up without fixing it it would be a nitmare trying to tune the engine.not to mention fuel everwhere.
i see no problem fyling with a mech gyro.
i had a old nexus 30 with a futaba gyro .not head holding but it was chalanging never the less considering i had never flow a nitro heli at all.
keep us posted

Brad
Old 05-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #15

no longer goin for a futaba gyro i have my sights on a jr will keep ya all posted on progress....
Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #16

update.... i have just recieved a futaba gy401 from a fellow in the states... now its time i get crackin and start making my training gear for this...
Old 06-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITRO_HAWK View Post
update.... i have just recieved a futaba gy401 from a fellow in the states... now its time i get crackin and start making my training gear for this...
thats awsome..you will love that gyro a good head holding one.
do yourself a a favor and read read read on the setup and instalation.
you wont regret it.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #18

thanks groundcrew..... i am doin all the reading i possibly can without major input overload i have set the gyro up on my radio as per instructions off raptortechniques... this should be great once i get everything done that i need. now just lacking balls for the servos and training gear. been in contact with a heli flyer here in town and he has been very helpfull with advice as is everyone on here...
thanks to all who have helped .
Old 06-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #19

Hey man thats awesome news!!, Congrats on getting the gyros..he he. Hopefully i will find one soon to get my bird in air but if not then she looks sweet sitting on top of my diecast models display cabinet....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 188.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	34979  

Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #20

sammy...
do the doors open on that bird? if not you should make em open.... if and when i do get a scale body for mine i am goin to do rivets and such then make the doors open to give it a real good look.... cheers
Andy
also pm sent to you
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in