Hobby King 26cc A-spec & C-spec - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #71
davecrash
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: David R
# of RCs: 99

Total Props: 6
Thumbs up Re: Hobby King 26cc A-spec & C-spec

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have managed to get a few more flights in over the last week. It is running very well, a little burpping around mid range but I'm still on the first gallon of gas. not much left though, maybe one more flight. Very pleased with the motor and will be working on learning more advanced manuvers. I will take some more RPM readings next weekend and post.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #72
g-manz35
RCC Master Contributor

I am: George S
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2
Re: Hobby King 26cc A-spec & C-spec

Thanks for the info. Good to hear you're motor panned out.

George

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #73
davecrash
RCC Senior Contributor

Been busy over the last few months not allot of time spent on this plane. I had some engine issues. It would run great till i put the cowling on. screwed around with this for a while then found out from someone else how to fix this problem. there's a pressure relief hole on the carb that can be affected by the cowling. I need to solder a tube to this and extend it back. during this time i also had the EI unit act up. it was causing radio interference when running. I had the EI unit mounted to the engine box with a piece of foam between. found in the manual this shouldn't be done. I just put in a new EI unit today, started it up and retuned it. All is good now but didn't fly today, Too windy.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #74
Second time around
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Buy what you can afford .
I own 3 china engines and like them all . I could not afford 800.00 for a DA . I figure if I get three or four years there worth ever cent . By the way these guys are not old farts. I fly with two guys 83 and 87 years young .In fact if anyones a fart its you for showing no respect for the guys that moved this hobby to where it is today.
Ahhhh now I feel better LOl
If it was not for them most of you would be home doing your wifes house work . My two cents worth.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #75
vonJaerschky
RCC Contributor

I am: Frank J.

Total Props: 0

For what it's worth, a guy in our local club has the C-spec engine in a Sig Four Star 120. He comes out to the field with a gallon of gas, starts the motor with a flip or two, and just flys and flys and flys and flys and flys and flys and flys and flys........
Old 08-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #76
davecrash
RCC Senior Contributor

Got a couple of flights in today. first one was with the cowl off, flew well. engine still needs a bit of tuning but running very well and going to leave it at this setting for another gallon of fuel. I put the cowling on for the next flight and did notice a slight loss of power and a little more gurgling. I did open up the area on the cowl around the carb for this flight and it is much better then before. I haven't done the tube mod to the carb yet. I want to open up the cowl around the carb a bit more first. Vertical on this is limited at this point but should get a little better after breakin and final tuning. At this point I don't think I'm going to get what I want for power on this plane with this engine. no fault of the engine, I just think I should have gone bigger. I will try a few differant props though to see. I might be surprised and recant the last statement. So far, I'm very pleased with my engine.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #77

Total Props: 57

just so you know you should not be loading up that engine with an 18x8 prop to start with its to much prop to start with and causes the engine to run hot leaning it out and causing power loss,try a 17x6 and see a big inprovement for the first several gallons of fuel,just my personal experience , great little engine.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #78
davecrash
RCC Senior Contributor

I had changed to a 18x6 awhile ago. Last time i checked I believe the temp was 140F. What should I be looking to be around?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in