Where did the paint DVD thread go? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #11

Total Props: 57
Re: Where did the paint DVD thread go?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdry View Post
Why would you post this question? Not just pm Jason and ask him the question as only he can answer it, all the others will be just speculating?
My question in the forum is for Jason, not for others to speculate. The reason I posted it in the forum is I have received PM's from members asking where it went. I didn't notice it was missing. To have the thread in here, once Jason answers it, at least the members can see what happened to it.

Quote:
I find you get better responses from the free for sale listings than a campain...Ive done both and had a better response selling in the free classified section.
I wouldn't have received the feedback in the classifieds section that I did putting it in the general RC forum. The thread posted a question. I was looking for member answers. There is nothing for sale at this time.
As far as I can tell, there is nothing that would have been against any rules. It was not a for sale post, I have not received any money for any product or otherwise.

At the very least, when a thread is removed, if that is in fact what happened, the thread starter should ALWAYS be notified as to the reason why. If that had at least happened because there was a problem with the thread, it could have been discussed between myself and Jason and the thread modified, or whatever else might have been needed to be done, to satisfy all parties involved. However, all I know at this point is, I have received PM's from members asking what happened to it, and I have no idea.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Do you have this on RCU as well?
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #13

Yes, in the jets forum I do, but their forums don't seem to be working today

Old 04-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #14
pep
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Phil E. P
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 7

Hi Jer. you can count me in for one. Ran in that post last night on RCU from Chad.
Thanks.Phil
pep is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #15

Here is where the grey area seems to be:

The RCC rules when you join are as follows:

Quote:
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of RCCanada will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of RCCanada, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of RCCanada reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
By those rules, I definitely didn't do anything wrong. By those rules I also understand that Jason can do what he pleases, but as I say, from what I can see, my post should have been fine.

I asked a short while ago if there was a list of rules on RCC
https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=86754

I was told "common sense" was the guideline. This is where I don't understand why the thread was removed...
Old 04-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #16
2thelmt
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ID

Total Props: 0

What makes me mad is I actually found your deleted thread useful and was following it. Now its gone... Sysop was on line during my first post and no response to your questions...
A trend that I have experienced first hand here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM Guitars View Post
Jason,
I posted a thread asking how many people would be interested in an instructional DVD about painting airplanes, it had a large response, I asked for pre-orders but with no money in order to get an idea of numbers, and now the thread appears to be gone, did it get removed, if so why and why didn't I get a PM to notify me?
Jeremy
Old 04-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #17
aubej
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason A.

Total Props: 5

Commercial post so it was removed.
aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #18

Well Jason, I completely disagree with you, there is nothing produced therefore no income from it period. It was asking how many would be interested in a DVD like that.
Secondly, if you want to split hairs, RCC has no rules that say you are not allowed to do such a thing.

I'm sorry you see it this way, I thought it was asking people if this form or instruction on that type of media would be of value to them. For what I was asking, by the time the DVD was actually produced, filming and editing done etc, I doubt there would have been any profit in it for me. Somehow you were ok with me selling airbrushes to modelers at my cost to help them out but this wasn't ok.

When I look at the MAAC bashing, member bashing, and other assorted BS that seems to be allowed to go on here, I'm amazed that you would remove that thread.

I'd have completely agreed with you that it was commercial if I had come on here and said "hey, I produced this DVD and it's for sale, blah blah blah", however, I did not.
I guess if there was a profit for RCC in it things would have been ok though.....

Thanks Jason, top notch work here.....
Old 04-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #19
swixtt
RCC Contributor

I am: Jay

Total Props: 1
Thumbs down Re: Where did the paint DVD thread go?

i agree with LGM... if there is ever a chance to help out some fellow modelers and create something that would assist us...this would be it.
ummm... i hardly think he is going to make any real money out of this.
i'm shocked that it isn't seen for what it is. seems like someone that has some skill, talent and is generous enough with his time to give something back to this sport/hobby/etc.
swixtt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #20
aubej
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason A.

Total Props: 5

Quote:
...if you want to split hairs, RCC has no rules that say you are not allowed to do such a thing.
There is actually..see the attachment...been like that since day 1.

Quote:
...asking people if this form or instruction on that type of media would be of value to them.
Asking is fine...taking pre-orders is not.

Quote:
I guess if there was a profit for RCC in it things would have been ok though.....
Not at all. RCCanada has done many contests and other promotions with suppliers that allowed them to showcase their products while benefiting the membership.

The reason the policy is in place is to protect the companies that are paying for advertising on RCCanada. They are the ones that keep RCCanada running. Do you think that it's fair that they pay to promote their products and you don't?

I'll tell you what. Create your video and offer it up to the RCCanada members at no charge and I'll provide you a dedicated page to promote it. What do you say?

Jason
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comm_posts.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	50764  
aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in