DX 8 question - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
lannie
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: lannied
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 1+

Total Props: 3
DX 8 question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am having difficulty figuring out how to use the 0 mix/hold lever for aux2 channel from my receiver. My goal is to utilize that lever for my RCEXL opti kill. I am using the gear lever for the choke on carb.
Spektrum AR7010 reciever

Currently use;

rudder-rudder
aileron- right aileron
aux1 - left aileron
throttle-throttle
elevator-elevator
gear- choke
aux2 - opti kill- this is my problem. The mix/hold lever seems like a good plan, maybe not?
I think I am missing something simple here- Any ideas?

Thanks for any input
Lannie
lannie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
Good Grief

Total Props: 0
Re: DX 8 question

I have a DX8 and have played with a lot of things on it. I was advised real early on to set up the plane servos outside the plane, and work up your program....

Anyway, the Mix/Hold won't work for what your trying to do. I've tried every combination and no joy. Here is how I do it: Opti-kill on the gear switch/Reliable idle and ground idle on the FM switch/ and the choke on the knob.

The reason I do it this way is so all my flying functions are on the same side of the Tx as the servos they control. Just seems logical to me.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #3
lannie
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grief View Post
I have a DX8 and have played with a lot of things on it. I was advised real early on to set up the plane servos outside the plane, and work up your program....

Anyway, the Mix/Hold won't work for what your trying to do. I've tried every combination and no joy. Here is how I do it: Opti-kill on the gear switch/Reliable idle and ground idle on the FM switch/ and the choke on the knob.

The reason I do it this way is so all my flying functions are on the same side of the Tx as the servos they control. Just seems logical to me.
I appreciate your help Good Grief. Changed the choke to aux 2 port on receiver and knob on dx8 is better matched for choke function. Nice to be able to use partial choke too. Opti kill is as you suggested on the gear port now and it appears to be a good location. I am not sure what you mean by "reliable idle and ground idle on FM switch".
thanks
Lannie

Old 07-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
Good Grief

Total Props: 0

Some people will use a landing idle and a reliable idle (which means,just what it sounds like). If you go into your throttle curve settings you can assign the Flight mode switch of both landing idle and reliable idle, and even another one if you like.

LOL Then you can set up the Aileron, Elevator and the rudder with 3 options each, plus the added bonus of different expo too!

Some like using flight modes on that switch, thats also an option.....
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
cravenjw
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John C
Radio of choice:
Jeti
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 38

You can also do hi/lo idle with a mix. Mix thr > thr. Add 5% only on low side. Assign to any switch. Use endpoints to set coarse low idle. use thr trim to tweak it when needed. use mix the set high idle. Better to use mix to add for high idle. Don't do it other way (negative mix for low idle), or you can stall engine if you have trim too low.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
lannie
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in