Help with cutting motor shaft - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
belcom
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Vlad K
Radio of choice:
JR X9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 8
Re: Help with cutting motor shaft

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I cut a few shafts so far. dremel worked fine with a regular cutting wheel. motor in a ziplock bag (or any plastic bag for that matter). Make sure to wear safety glasses if you want to keep your eyes.
belcom is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
madmachinest68
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kevin m
Radio of choice:
i dont have a fav radio
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcom View Post
I cut a few shafts so far. dremel worked fine with a regular cutting wheel. motor in a ziplock bag (or any plastic bag for that matter). Make sure to wear safety glasses if you want to keep your eyes.
cool cool if it works then its all good, i used to do airgun barrels with a dremel and a belt sander then when i got my lathe i was in my glory so now i can cut crown turn down do my threading all kinds of stuff.
madmachinest68 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
belcom
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Vlad K
Radio of choice:
JR X9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmachinest68 View Post
cool cool if it works then its all good, i used to do airgun barrels with a dremel and a belt sander then when i got my lathe i was in my glory so now i can cut crown turn down do my threading all kinds of stuff.
Lathe is definitely one of the cool toys to have. I needed something done recently and thank god I have a buddy who has one. A man can never have enough tools
belcom is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #14
madmachinest68
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
i dont have a fav radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcom View Post
Lathe is definitely one of the cool toys to have. I needed something done recently and thank god I have a buddy who has one. A man can never have enough tools
yup you got that right every time i need a tool i tell the wife i need a new toy so off to the store i go lol glade i have an understanding wife
Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #15
b0r3d
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Patrick
Radio of choice:
DX8 & DX3C
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmachinest68 View Post
yup you got that right every time i need a tool i tell the wife i need a new toy so off to the store i go lol glade i have an understanding wife
If i lived closer i'd absolutely take you up on that offer...

I had 3 machines i needed, drill press, band saw and a lathe. I picked the drill press and band saw. Funny part was, i've yet to use the band saw and could really use a lathe now and a few time since i bought them.

My biggest problem in how i think? I don't want to spend big money on tools because that takes the money away from my heli's haha

My Cars & Trucks
Ken Block WR8 Flux

My Most Wanted
Goblin 500 & 700 | Compass 7HV | T-Rex 550 | Extra 260
b0r3d is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #16
madmachinest68
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
i dont have a fav radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0r3d View Post
If i lived closer i'd absolutely take you up on that offer...

I had 3 machines i needed, drill press, band saw and a lathe. I picked the drill press and band saw. Funny part was, i've yet to use the band saw and could really use a lathe now and a few time since i bought them.

My biggest problem in how i think? I don't want to spend big money on tools because that takes the money away from my heli's haha
well you know a 7x12 would likely be all you need for doing heli mods and parts with. I have a 10x18 and i can do alot with it, even built a milling attachment for it to , its crazy what you can make with a lathe even some of my jigs i have built for doing stuff you just cant do with out them or a mill i can now do on the lathe but i made the jigs on the lathe tp use on the lathe so i could make or mod the parts i needed to, its a must have toy for sure, and its not that hard to learn how to run a lathe .. i been at it for along time now and still learning new things all the time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in