Tomahawk
RCC Master Contributor

I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6
Re: Hobby King

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangaras View Post
Now, the issue with items that are on the site and stay out of stock for months, then to be emailed it is in & in 20 minutes it takes me to get there, they are even more out of stock than before aggravates me. This is where the LHS guys get my business...
That has happened to me also. I have been keeping an eye on a well known charger that HK sells. I received the email notice and when I went to the site it was already -20. I was wondering if it was a software glitch and the notification was a mistake. I figured I would stick the backordered item in my cart as I wasn't going to order anything for awhile. I was surprised as when the item is in the cart it actually shows the amount of chargers backordered. The -20 really means nothing. When I first put the charger in the backorder amount was around -400, it is now approaching -700. No wonder some items dissappear fast. The items arrive at HK and are used to fill these prepaided backorders.

Chris

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 AM   #22
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
I was surprised as when the item is in the cart it actually shows the amount of chargers backordered. The -20 really means nothing. When I first put the charger in the backorder amount was around -400, it is now approaching -700. No wonder some items dissappear fast. The items arrive at HK and are used to fill these prepaided backorders.

Chris
Yeah me too. I got a couple on back order now...
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #23
JKovats
RCC Master Contributor

I am: John R
Radio of choice:
JR

Total Props: 20

I just got my first order from HK last week. 2x500ma lipo batteries. They came in less than two weeks, well packaged and fully charged. Less than $20 for both delivered to my door. I couldn't buy 1 for that price here.

I'd use them again in a minute.

aka Johnny Versatile

MAAC 65460

Hespeler Model Aviators Inc.
Cambridge Float Flyers

I don't have the answers, but I have a personal relationship with the Guy that does.
JKovats is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #24
tugboat
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

If you need customer service just use the online support. They dont answer the phone or emails. And remember the hour diff between HK and your local, so support is usaully not open unitl our evening time.

I have had my latest order take much longer than normal to process and ship out....its been over a week...usaully they processs and ship in a couple days.

When you do connect with their online support, they are very helpful and freindly....i was quite suprised by their customer support online.

Last edited by tugboat; 05-02-2010 at 12:47 PM.
tugboat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #25
leopard1
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Paul Petrie
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9cSuper
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 0
Thumbs up Re: Hobby King

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard1 View Post
I too have had many orders with HK and no problems. My one and only problem is with my latest order. I ordered a bunch of smaller items(servo's etc) and another ASP 61FS engine. I just received a parcel with all the servos etc. However......no motor. I am guessing that they split the order and sent two parcels and that the missing motor will arrive in a couple of days.

Has anyone ever experienced a split parcel shipment from them?

Update: Well, I have to say that I am impressed with their customer support. I followed their instructions for lost/missing items. Multiple emails between them and myself. Lots of photos. Voila.....missing engine is on it's way!!!!!!!!!!!
They do not split-ship(fyi). Great support with a little patience on my part. You have to factor in the time difference and the fact that they have just changed warehouses.

One thing I never do is order stuff that shows no stock. I just have them email me when stock arrives.

Cheers,
leopard1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #26
Xanadu
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Darrell B
Radio of choice:
JR, DX7
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

I have no problems with HK, I just placed another 2 orders. Being overseas, it is not unusual to take at least 2-3 weeks, so you have to learn to have patience. Actually takes longer for me to get my shipments from Tower Hobbies, and they are only 1600 miles from me, but across the border. Kinda strange that 4000 miles is quicker than 1600.
Canada customs kills anything coming from the USA, but seems to leave the oversea shipments alone. Not once have I ever paid custom, duties, or taxes on my HK shipments. But I get hosed every single time when from the USA.

If you want fast, instant service, then go to your LHS or order online from a North American LHS website.
Does not good to bitch just because you placed your overseas order on Monday, and they have not shown up in your mailbox by Friday. That's just being unrealistic.

Just like waiting for glue or paint to dry..........just need a little patience.

One thing I do want to mention though. I also support my LHS's as well. I buy from 2 local ones, but also have ordered on line from Great Hobbies in Alberta, Tower Hobbies in Illinois, Aircraft World in Japan, and HobbyKing from China (or where ever). I tall depends on what it is and how much I want to spend. All my batteries, ecs, and motors come from overseas. The NA stuff is horrendously overpriced, and I have no problems with the HK stuff.

Last edited by Xanadu; 05-02-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: add on
Xanadu is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in