akb
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Closed Membership
Radio of choice:
N/A
# of RCs: N/A

Total Props: 3
Jets Over Cayley 2010

We will make this the information thread for the event. So just a review for those that don't know or missed our initial announcement of Jets over Cayley is replacing the High River RC Jet Rally as we have moved the event, just outside Cayley, Alberta, south of Calgary about 45 minutes. The event is July 23, 24 and 25th at the AJ Flying Ranch(a private airport). The event tentative times are 9:00- 5:00pm, with pilots meetings each day at 8:30 to 8:45. We will be doing a self pilot aircraft check as was implemented at Princeton last year and I have been part of at Jet over Whidbey for the last two years.
Our event will also include a banquet on Saturday night. The banquet will be held at the Nanton Lancaster Museum a few miles down the #2 Highway south of Cayley. The banquet is tenatively scheduled for around 6:00pm. It will be fully catered and we hope to have a choice of 2 to 3 menu items. For the price of your admission to the banquet, it will include your time of touring the museum of restored aircraft and artifacts, if you so wish. At meeting with the museum staff, when they announced to their volunteers that we were coming, they asked us if we would be interested in having them doing an engine run up of the Lancaster. We said we would be very interested. At this time they have two working engines and the third is on the bench being worked on. No promises if they can have the third ready, but maybe.
Also remember for a small 10.00 fee that will be going to charity of the airport owner's choice, we will be providing a limited amount of hangar space for our Jets. I do have requests for a number of fellows already so keep them coming in with how many aircraft you will want to hangar.
We will have a full concession on site for your use. Hours yet to be determined. There will be a onsite camping with no hookups. There will also be onsite portapotties.
In further annoucements we will be commenting on maps and directions from the highway. We are working on prizes and draws at this time.
We put out an invitation to our past sponsors of the High River event, if you wish to be part of our event again, please email me at jetsovercayley@shaw.ca. Without your support it makes our event so much harder to organize.
So set your course heading for Cayley, Alberta for July 23, 24 and 25th for the 2010 edition of Jets Over Cayley.

Alan Blore
403-803-1752
akb is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
akb
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
N/A

Re: Jets Over Cayley 2010

Would like to make some announcements this time about our Rally.
For booking of rooms this year we are working with 2 hotels in High River.
1) Super 8 Motels we have 15 rooms blocked off this year and they will be available on the block rate until July 22/10. Please make your enquiries for the number rooms you would like and when you are coming in to 1-866-831-8558. Let me know if this number doesn't work for our American friends.
2) Ramada we have 5 suites and 5 kitchenets blocked off as well. Again for making enquiries for room numbers and booking phone 1-866-449-3181. There block rate will be finished June 23.
When booking either one of these use Jets over Cayley as the booking title.
If you are a returning pilot from 2007, the Ramada is right accross the street from the Super 8. If you are a first time pilot to the area turn into the south entrance of High River ( 12 ave or Highway 23 road) and proceed west until you make the first set of lights and turn left or south. Both hotels are located right there.

Saturday Night Banquet

The banquet that was mentioned earlier will be held at the Bomber Command Museum of Canada in Nanton on July 24th at 6:30 pm (This is approximately 18 minutes south of High River on the Number 2 Highway).
The banquet menu is as follows
Slow Roast Prime Beef
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans & Almonds
Niblets corn
Tossed Green Salad
With all the condiments
Homemade buns
Your Choice of Saskatoon Crisp or Apple Pie for dessert.
With Coffee, tea or Juice
If you wish you may view the many displays and artifacts of the museum.
As well the volunteers have scheduled a starting of the engines of the Lancaster bomber for us.
The cost which will include all of the above will be 30.00 per person.
We will need a confirmation of numbers to the banquet before July 15th.

Fuel
I will need a hard number of pilots that will want Jet A available at the field( by July 16). Again as stated this will be at market cost and subject to enough individuals wanting it.
Same with oil. We will have oil at market cost and would need to know how many want it and how many quarts.
If there are more requests for Canadian Tire kerosene let me know who wants it and how much. I think at the last place I looked it went for about 21.00 Cdn for a 9.47 liter jug( July 16).

At this time that's all I have. Please get your rooms booked and your banquet and fuel requests in early so that we can plan ahead and not disappoint anyone. Thanks

Alan
Old 02-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
rcav8tr
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

HI Alan

Great to hear it's back on this year. We're in as a sponsor this year and will see if we can make it out.

Ed
rcav8tr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
akb
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
N/A

Hi Ed
That would be great if you could make it out again we enjoyed having you out during our 2007 event.
Thanks again for you sponsorship Ed, it really helps us out.
To name some of the other sponsors signed on so far Altecare RC and Jetcat USA has also has given their support for this year's event. Thank you both and again it just helps us out so much.
See you in July Ed.

Alan
Old 02-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
rcbart
RCC Contributor

I am: Bart R.
Radio of choice:
12x
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1

Alan, the plan is for Wayne Beasley to bring his RV and I just drive out in my SUV, so I hope to be there.

Bart
rcbart is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
akb
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
N/A

Hi Bart
Will be good to see you here. See you in Princeton in June.

Alan
Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
akb
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
N/A

Just some more updated announcements to pass on.
It is with some disppointment that we have to announce that we will have to charge our pilots this year with a $20.00 CAD landing fee or registration fee. I do not like to do this but unfortunatley with donations down this year and expenses- such as Porta Potties( believe or not being our largest) and set up materials for the field, still seem to go up, we are forced to do this.
On a lighter note we have had some fantastic donations from our sponsors this year and some of them and maybe not all are: Altecare RC, Great Northern Models, BVM, Tamjets, Dreamworks, Jetcat USA, Modelland in Calgary, PM Hobby Craft in Calgary, Ramada Inn High River, Super 8 Motels High River, Smitty's High River, Boston Pizza High River and the MD of Foothills.
Also were are working with one of our sponsors now on seeing if we can get some special prizes for Best Sport Jet and Best Scale Jet. So get your Xacto knifes sharpened up to see if you can be one of those prize winners. I will have another announcement in the future, as far what these prizes will be.

That's all for now, see you in Cayley.

Alan

Last edited by akb; 03-03-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
bob1393
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Bob B.

Hi Alan - no need appologizing for a landing fee. Every other jet meet I've been to except Princeton has had a landing fee. $20 is very reasonable.

See you in Princeton in June.

Bob
bob1393 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #9
crhammond
RCC Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Chris H

Given most of us burn $7 to $10 in fuel per flight... $20 hardly seems enough $20 won't stop anyone, that's for sure!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Pauld
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 41
Wink Re: Jets Over Cayley 2010

That's it.....I'm not comin'

Really, I just hope I can make it.

http://www.jetpilots.org/
MAAC Jet Committee
IF IT'S TOO LOUD - YOU'RE TOO OLD!
2L club executive member
Pauld is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in