RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
heavypedal
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Heavy P

Total Props: -1
British Columbia New members welcome

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
To all of you RC fliers out there in the Greater Vancouver area, the RCFCBC is accepting new members at this time. We are one of the only Open, Non-Profit Society Clubs in the Vancouver area with an open membership, no waiting list and best of all, one of the only teaching clubs left in the area.

Our new field is up and operational on the western outskirts of the City of Mission and in time will be one of the finest sites in BC. The sun is to your back so there is no chance of looking up into the sun and losing your plane. We have a large crew of instructors and fully MAAC sanctioned training program for all the newbies to the hobby...save yourself some money and frustration and learn to fly without numerous crashes and added expense.

For more information check out www.rcfcbc.com and select the "Join Us" page. We hope to see you there!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #2

Total Props: 57
Re: New members welcome

and what do i get for the $300 to join?

Last edited by Guest; 01-21-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
heavypedal
RCC Junior Contributor

First off, you get a 6 month reprieve via post dated cheque to pay the $100 initiation fee
- 400' X 45' foot flat grass runway, brand new, MAAC sanctioned field
- sun to your back
- access to the flying field at 6 am for electrics and 9 am for internal combustion engines, fly until dusk.
- 7 club newsletters and club meetings a year
- the wealth of knowledge of some of the most experienced RC modellers in the lower mainland
- great friendships
- a safe flying environment
- full MAAC sanctioned training program taught via buddy box with a qualified instructor if you are a newbie
- no waiting list
- cheap gas in mission
- close to numerous restaurants, snack shops, fast food and Tim Hortons!
- onsite toilet facilites...had to save that one for last!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
dean2287
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dean M

Total Props: 8

Good luck with your membership drive. It looks like a nice field and a good location. Membership fees have been creeping up in a lot of places, but I think in this day and age it's just a reflection of the costs involved. $200 a year really isn't very much for any kind of club, especially one that has to maintain a field and clubhouse.
fly2bfree
dean2287 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
Hughes500E
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 16

One idea to help stimulate involvement, you could offer a pro rate (ONCE) to any new member for say 30 days or 3 months. This would give them a chance to see exactly what an organized club has to offer.

I know I would pay and help support such an effort, best to you!
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
heavypedal
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean2287 View Post
Good luck with your membership drive. It looks like a nice field and a good location. Membership fees have been creeping up in a lot of places, but I think in this day and age it's just a reflection of the costs involved. $200 a year really isn't very much for any kind of club, especially one that has to maintain a field and clubhouse.
Dean you are correct the cost to maintain a field is creeping up. We dont have a clubhouse to maintain but have a grass runway that needs to be cut and we will have to rely on the membership to form a maintenance committee. It is not a matter of cost in the Vancouver area, it is a matter of the fact that the RCFCBC is one of the only open membership clubs around. Most clubs are "closed memberships" or are "already full" or are "by invitation only" so the options are somewhat limited. What scares me the most is when I see a father and son who just bought a small trainer flying at a school yard, crash it and then decide the hobby is not for them cause they cant fix the trainer or have a limited budget. Joining a club such as ours offers far more than just a place to fly as we a training field as well so people can learn how to fly while reducing the risk of crashing their plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes500E View Post
One idea to help stimulate involvement, you could offer a pro rate (ONCE) to any new member for say 30 days or 3 months. This would give them a chance to see exactly what an organized club has to offer.

I know I would pay and help support such an effort, best to you!
Hughes500E, thank you for the suggestion, I will present that to our executive and see what is said. We are driving towards increasing our membership and are looking for new ideas to get folks involved. My only concern with your idea is the time of year...with our current weather there may not be enough people around for a new member to get a sense of whether they want to be involved or not. I will say this however, we had two new people show up at our last club meeting and they got the sense they wanted to be involved and joined immediately after the meeting. Thanks again for the idea, we will see what happens, stay tuned!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
Pauld
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 41

Brad,

Something important to mention:

Vitually every club in the lower mainland has some form of airspace restrictions whereas this field has one of the largest flyover areas I know of.

Mission has the mountian, Coquitlam has the trees, Ridge has the horse pen, and with the exception of Coquitlam, they're all closed memberships.

Of course, many may feel it's o.k to just fly in a field wherever they want but a club does have benefits beyond just a place to fly. All of my good friendships have come from meeting people thru a flying club.

A couple hundred bucks each year to have a facility like this to fly at is cheap to me. Check my sig, I'm a member of everything listed there and yet I still chose to renew my membership with RCFCBC.

PaulD

http://www.jetpilots.org/
MAAC Jet Committee
IF IT'S TOO LOUD - YOU'RE TOO OLD!
2L club executive member
Pauld is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in