ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Re: ...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz
We can follow every single safety rule in the book, and their is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but again, it still comes down to common sense. (which, as i've seen in the past years, some people are lacking) IMHO, I wouldn't mind seeing a U shaped pilot station, about 4" thick concrete and about 3 1/2 feet high. That way no airplane would be able to penetrate it and the pilot would have the option of a safe place in the event of an emergency if he was aware of what was happening...but that's just not practical.
Rules are made to be followed ..... you make a bit of a joke (Highlited) But in our club we almost ended up with that after a person in our club said how much safer that style of barrier would be ....
BE CAREFUL what you ask for!!!!
You may get it!
Flak-suits and full face helmets are on the horizon.

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #52
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 20
Re: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz
We can follow every single safety rule in the book, and their is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but again, it still comes down to common sense. (which, as i've seen in the past years, some people are lacking) IMHO, I wouldn't mind seeing a U shaped pilot station, about 4" thick concrete and about 3 1/2 feet high. That way no airplane would be able to penetrate it and the pilot would have the option of a safe place in the event of an emergency if he was aware of what was happening...but that's just not practical.
Rules are made to be followed ..... you make a bit of a joke (Highlited) But in our club we almost ended up with that after a person in our club said how much safer that style of barrier would be ....
Jim: I believe you misunderstood my statement. It was in no way, shape, or form intended as a joke. I was 100% serious. While it may have sounded like a joke, it was just a solution i came up with that would give the pilot (and spotter) a good line of defense against a plane headed in the wrong direction at the wrong time. I appologize for not making myself more clear.
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #53
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit. Crap you can't make burgers and hotdogs anymore because of lawsuits and stupid foodsafe. While safety must be the first priority in this hobby, why is lawsuits all that everyone talks about to make a point in any argument? I sometimes have a hard time understanding why such paranoid thinking exists in an almost phobic manner in this hobby.

Has there been a flury of lawsuits in the past?
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:35 AM   #54
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 10
O.K....O.K...Enough is Enough...this thread has gotten out of hand!

Matteo you got mad skillz! and you never got them over night! so you obviously know the rules!! And i'm sure you follow them!! This was supposed to be about a guy and his auesome video!! to share!! With all of US!!!NOT to call names as some have or to make it something it's not!!!.... as some have!! but for us to injoy!!! ... that want to fly this style!!!

Matteo this video rocked!!.... it shouldv'e had been made an example out of!! I've seen more harm from beginners or older guys that want to learn how to fly than your video pointed out in a million years dude!! These guys that want to complain about what happened or what might happen can go on forever!! your never going to win a Safty argument but what you did! wasn't anything to cause all this!!

Keep doing what you do your flying skillz out do half of those that read this forum!!

mannyh out!

P.S have a goodweekend!

i'm in the parade!!
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #55
volksman
RCC Master Contributor

I am: robert j

Total Props: 16
one more thing im curious about if we all have maac how can everyone under the sun be sued maac insurance company prolly trying to wiggle out.they set the rules for feild design etc. the first thing everyone yaps ya gotta have maac. so you are on a sanctioned feild with your maac ins. flying from your pilot station and ya get a radio failure. some person is injured or property damage occurrs. its in the courts etc today some one must be at fault. the insurance company will fight tooth and nail to get out of their responsibility, or to recover the money paid out in the claim.the person injured, has every right to the compensation awarded. so in the end ya take your chances
volksman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #56
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by always flying
O.K....O.K...Enough is Enough...this thread has gotten out of hand!
Well, it's not hard to tell how it got out of hand....

Matteo: I appologize for hijacking your thread and turning it into a slug fest as that was not my intention but I had to speak my piece. I was only trying to defend your video.
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #57
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: matt s

mannyh
i really appreciate the comments, and i agree with you 100% as far as the thread getting out of hand. i really dont know why it got to this but i really dont care, because none of the comments have not at all got to me, most were funny in there own way when you think about it and how the thread started.

ramz
you didn't hijack the thread it just the way it flowed and i understand you where defending my video, so theres no need to apologize. im just glad most of you liked the video.
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in