Multirotors (Drones) that have made a positive impact in the world - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:42 PM   #11
K-ville
RCC Noob

I am: Brian C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Re: Multirotors (Drones) that have made a positive impact in the world

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Documentary, CBC Feb 19 - Age of the Drones

I heard on CBC radio that tonight (Feb 19th) on CBC TV, Doc Zone, they will be showing a documentary called "Age of the drones".

The trailer is here: http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2015/02/08/d...of-the-drones/

Looks like it could be very interesting.

Now available for viewing online: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2654753465/

Last edited by K-ville; 02-25-2015 at 08:30 AM.
K-ville is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #12
Crisis
RCC Apprentice

I am: Lui
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-ville View Post
Documentary, CBC Feb 19 - Age of the Drones

I heard on CBC radio that tonight (Feb 19th) on CBC TV, Doc Zone, they will be showing a documentary called "Age of the drones".

The trailer is here: http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2015/02/08/d...of-the-drones/

Looks like it could be very interesting.

Now available for viewing online: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2654753465/
I saw this on the Tele, you gatta love Amazon for their new delivery system using drones.
Crisis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #13
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
.....you gatta love Amazon.....
Amazon disgusts me. Proposing to take over whole blocks of airspace for their hair-brained scheme?!?!?
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #14
Wizzard
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Wayne S.

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Amazon disgusts me. Proposing to take over whole blocks of airspace for their hair-brained scheme?!?!?
I agree
Wizzard is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:48 AM   #15
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

The new Agri-Drone by DJI!
2-1/2 gallon sprayer? that's a lot of payload!
http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/26/9...one-agras-mg-1

Quote:
DJI announces $15,000 agricultural drone designed to spray crops
By Sam Byford on November 26, 2015 11:08 pm
DJI is known for its consumer drones; the Phantom 3 series is our recommendation for the best drone you can buy. But the Chinese company's latest model, the eight-rotor Agras MG-1, goes in another direction entirely — it's designed for agricultural use. The primary use of the Agras is spraying crops, with the ability to cover between seven and ten acres an hour and a tank that holds 10 liters (about 2.6 gallons) of liquid.

DJI says the Agras is over 40 times more efficient than manual spraying. Using a microwave radar, the drone can scan the ground below and maintain the right distance from crops to spray the correct amount of liquid. It flies up to eight meters per second, modulating its spraying for even coverage. It can be used in automatic, semi-automatic, or manual operation, and is designed for durability with dustproofing, water resistance, and an anti-corrosive build. The Agras also folds down into a compact package after use.

"Agriculture could be a major area of growth for the drone industry"

Agriculture is considered a prime area of potential growth in the drone industry because of the technology's ability to help survey crops and gather real-time information on farmland. And companies like DJI will be able to charge far higher prices than the $1,000 or so that their consumer Phantom drones command — the Agras will cost "roughly $15,000," according to The Wall Street Journal. DJI is launching it in China and Korea at first, with availability in other markets to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DJI_Agras_MG-1_1.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	766722   Click image for larger version

Name:	dji_agras_mg-1_2.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	766730  

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:34 PM   #16
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

A fellow here on Vancouver Island found his stolen dirt motorcycles this past week! He used his drone to overfly the forest and located it. Though would have been better if he had not flown over busy roads so much, just stuck to the forest and backyards

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/lo...rone-1.2170322
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:03 PM   #17
geotric
RCC Noob

I am: geo t
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX 7 gen 2
# of RCs: 12

Like the Digital watches. Tiny Whoops FPV flyer is having an impact on our hobby.
This is my tiny Blade Inductrix Minion Modified with 2 blades per stock props (but not on this picture). The FPV camera is a TQ-163-200 . The VTX is 200 mW. From kadosmicromotors.com in Zionsville, Indiana,USA. I also fly with the Pulse 1 S 220 mAh. With my Fatshark Dominator V3. I placed on You tube about 13 videos indoor mostly with the Minion or the Blade QX2. All the videos tittle are the same except the digit changes.
The tittle is : video 3 fatshark dominator v3 nov 2016 . That is a popular one , with some speed.
Anyway FPV has had an impact on my life and my hobby. An all new world in my eyes. A new way of flying and really feeling the flight.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	my minion.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	589.9 KB
ID:	1125289  

Last edited by geotric; 12-15-2016 at 04:52 PM.
geotric is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #18
Chester
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Tim T
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX3R Pro
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 10

I'm still waiting for my pizza.....................
Reptile S800 Sky Shadow
Chester is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:14 PM   #19
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
I'm still waiting for my pizza.....................
It might take a while.. Its a long way from Russia to Canada

https://www.rt.com/news/167936-russi...izza-delivery/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Online
Your drone arrived! Russian pizzeria launches unmanned delivery
Published time: 23 Jun, 2014 17:33
Pizza delivery will never be the same for a northern Russian city. From now on, drones will be delivering pizza to Syktyvkar residents, where a restaurant is rolling out a new service.

DoDo Pizza's first unmanned delivery was made on Saturday. The drone completed the order in just 30 minutes.

“Along with one Moscow-based company we have conducted the first in the world commercial delivery via drones. Until now many similar variants have been shown on videos, but we tried to deliver real pizza to real customers, and we succeeded,” CEO of Dodo Pizza Fyodor Ovchinnikov told Itar-Tass news agency.

To make sure that pizza does not fall in wrong hand, the helicopter drone is equipped with built-in GPS and video cameras that are monitored by the restaurant's manager, who gives customers a phone call at the time of delivery.

As the manager sees a customer come outside to accept delivery, the pizza is lowered to him using a cable. The drone does not come lower than 20 meters above the ground, so that people could not steal it. If someone tries to pull on the cable, the drone triggers an emergency anti-theft mechanism releasing the cable, and the drone will fly away.

Since drones are not equipped to accept cash or cards, orders should be complete online or by phone and paid with a credit card at the time the order is placed.

The pizza-drone is able to deliver up to 5kg of weight at speeds of up to 40km/hr (24.8 miles/hr), according to the Russian company CopterExpress that developed the chopper drone. Also, according to the CopterExpress website, the price for the drone is not sky-high, starting from 500 rubles (less than $15).

On the first day of drone operation, the service earned DoDo Pizza 3,500 rubles (about $100), but the chief manager plans to continue the service. By the end of summer, Dodo Pizza’s CEO plans drones will be delivering pizza to several spots around Syktyvkar as well as to beaches and other public places.

The restaurant has been working hard to make its delivery the fastest in the city. If it cannot complete an order within 60 minutes, the pizza will be free for a customer. It also offers a live stream video feed showing its staff making pizza in real-time.

According to Ovchinnikov, drone delivery is not only a way to minimize expenses such as gas, cars and drivers, but also to give people a show, which he hopes will positively affect his company’s image.

DoDo Pizza’s, however, is not the first pizzeria to offer drone deliveries. It follows Francesco's Pizza in Mumbai, India, which tested drone pizza deliveries in May 29. The test flight was to confirm that the drone can be used routinely in a few years, Francesco’s Pizzeria chief executive Mikhel Rajani said back then.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dodo-pizzas-new-drone-pizza-delivery-service.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	1126673  

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #20
geotric
RCC Noob

I am: geo t
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX 7 gen 2
# of RCs: 12

That is a real joke. For this to have a positive impact . Someone should start dropping food in remote regions to humans or animals. in distress . The rest is just marketing crap. My 2 cents.
geotric is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in