Another Canadian RC supplier - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #21
Ken Baker
RCC Contributor

I am: Ken B

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If you guys are going to get all bent out of shape over this, I would hate to see you when you really have something serious to worry about.

Ken Baker
Ken Baker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:22 PM   #22
nony
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Besides, can't the Americans do math ?

...you're kidding, right??

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:11 PM   #23
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 1
Come on guys... This is silly... Whether the price of the product is in US or Can $ should be of little concern. Its very easy to do the conversion. The fact is 95% of the model business is in the US, and thats why most pricing is in US $. Its much easier for 5% to do the math than it is to ask the other 95% to. Besides, we Canadians are use to it.... We have been doing it for years.

When I get a phone call from Texas, or California, the guy on the other end has no idea what the conversion rate is... and doesn't care. He wants to pay in US $, and any smart business man will cater to the majority [95%] of his customers.

There is also the business side to things. MSC Props business account is in US $. The fees and service charges are high enough as it is. Why should any business have a second business account and set of fees for only 5% or less of his business? It would not make sense. Unless you guys are willing to pay extra for it...

Old 04-10-2003, 10:34 PM   #24
Tiger

Like it or not, Many people (including lost customers) do care about this. Also, why should the price of products stocked and sold in Canada fluctuate with the current exchange rate?? Why should the US get a consistent price while the product I paid $1000 dollars for yesterday, cost $950 today?

I agree, it's not difficult to calculate a friggin exchange rate, but I'd still rather buy from a vendor who's price is consistent and who's customer relations make me feel like I still live in this wonderful country called "Canada".

Cheers!
Tiger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:44 PM   #25
marvin

If you don't want to deal with the conversion, call in your order. They should be able to do the conversion for you and tell you how much you need to pay them. Support your LHS, they accept Canadian funds!!
marvin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:09 AM   #26
rcav8tor

US price tag or Canadian....... ?

Like said so many times..... advertise to the guys that are buying..... Maybe that is why the web site in question is in English only.. no French
rcav8tor is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:13 AM   #27
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

[
I agree, it's not difficult to calculate a friggin exchange rate, but I'd still rather buy from a vendor who's price is consistent and who's customer relations make me feel like I still live in this wonderful country called "Canada".

Cheers![/quote]

Thats exactly how customers in the US feel too! Despite the fact that we are Canadian, the fact is that the US is 95% or more of the customer base. So who would YOU cater too? the 95% or the 5%?

Most Canadian hobby shops buy from distributors in the US, and have to PAY for these goods in US funds. When I was looking for a radio a # of years ago from a local hobby shop, their price flucuated with the dollar as well. If the price of a US dollar went up, so do the prices in Canada. These are the facts guys.

I fully agree with supporting your local hobby shop. What you will find though, is that generally speaking, most Canadian hobby shops don't cater to the giant scale market, and I like many others are forced to buy in the US anyway.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:54 AM   #28
Fodder
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Scott

Okay, same topic but different spin. I bought stuff for work from the US and sent the money in CDN funds by mistake. The amount sent was the proper amount in US. What pissed me off was when they called and wanted another cheque in US funds because they couldn't cash our CDN dollars.

Man, it takes all kinds and I never bought stuff from them again.

Scott
Ajax R/C Club
Fodder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:41 AM   #29
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I have bought items from the States many times, both for personal use and for business. Its the companies choice to decide which currency they want to accept. Many US banks do not accept any currency other than their own, and I suspect this is what may have happened in your case. Sounds to me like your angry for making an error, and your trying to blame someone else.

I think the important factor should be whether the product you received was what you expected and whether they provided good service.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:57 AM   #30
Fodder
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Scott

When I specify payment in Canadian funds (selling to the US) and they send in US funds. I just take it to the bank. As long as the $ are right, I don't care. That is what they should have done. It may be possible that there banks refuse CDN $, but that should be. What they expect everyone that visits US to always have US $ and nothing else. I guess problem is US is too big and Canadian Gov is too wussy.

Oh, well. Everyone still buys from US because we have to I guess.

Scott
Ajax R/C Club
Fodder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in