BIG NEWS! Outdoor offroad rc being built in Toronto! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
imported_GrandPrix Kartways

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This track possibility will be a joint venture with Downsview Park and Grand Prix Kartways if it comes to fuition. The park loves the idea. They are now looking for me to provide specs. Square footage/area info and what else needs to be part of the venue. Platform heights and sizes, drainage, etc.

The park has some of the equipment needed. I won't be crossing that bridge until we get a size laid out first and the track basics needed as mentioned above.

The goal is to build a track about 150 ft. x 200+ ft. That would give a track a little over 24,000 sq/ft. This would allow for 20 ft. wide lanes and a full 1/4 mile long track in length. There is also talk in the design of having a giant on road Nascar style oval around the dirt track for the on roaders. Also with a few jogs across so it can be use as an oval and road course set up.

The faster people can provide me with track size specs so I can hammer down the area needed the faster I can take the next step.

Thanks
imported_GrandPrix Kartways is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Import View Post
I own the equipment needed for the build (bobcats, front loaders, dump trucks, compactors, etc.)...and my yard is at Keele and Lawrence area.
That is extremely generous of you Rui. Even if you'd be prepared to do it at a discounted rate or something. Nice to see a fellow RCer stepping up to assist in this project. Bravo buddy!

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
Vokal
RCC Contributor

new track

Is this track going to allow Baja's to run or just for nitro ??
Vokal is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #14
4WD
RCC Junior Contributor

sounds like good news

but a gigant onroad oval arroung a dirt track is a bad idea (been there done that) the dust from the offroad track will settle onto the onroad track every time causing traction issues.

chewy is definately the man to talk to - lots of experience.
4WD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #15

Thanks Mike for stopping by today. You left me with some great feedback and comments for me to push forward with phase I.

Thanks for everyone posting with ideas, comments, and feedback as well. As posted earlier. Phase I is basics like track area, photos you can supply me with, things that will be needed track side, etc.

Phase II will be the meat and potatoes of this thing. Once final stamp of approval based on Phase I is completed, we will begin the fun process of track layouts, ideas, features, etc. One step at a time though.

Thanks in advance for everyone who is coming out on Sunday, and to Mike again for the great educational course and answering all my questions today at GPK. Big help!

Dave
Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #16

Almost forgot,

Also, a big thanks to Crusher for posting this on the main page of the site. The views and opinions are great. Much appreciated Crusher.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
baseline

nice
it would be nice to play in Toronto again
baseline is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #18

Thanks to everyone who made it out Sunday. That has now allowed me to finish the buisness plan for the park with all the basic details they require.

I hope to have an answer back by the end of March. That will be in their hands though.

Thanks again
Old 03-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Great news to hear!! I hope that everything gets the go ahead and there is a track on the east end!
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
imported_tazjig
RCC Noob

Not sure if it was posted but where exactly will this track be located? at downsview?
imported_tazjig is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in