RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
endler
The real deal behind the wheel

Total Props: 0
Time....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
First off dont't get me wrong ok guys.....

I know you guys doing the planning were waiting on Action because we had plans before Regan left kyosho....well Chuck was kinda makeing me hold off everytime i pushed forward...so i kept pushing...finally i got a date together (same as last year)...i thaught you guys were waiting for us?? honestly i still don't know if our date is secure?

People are waiting...the longer the worse off...planning has to be done with racetracks and racers alike..thats stuff you guys already know..or at least hope you know

I know Matt D wants to get a schedule set in stone (he got robbed) first race that was held....damn rain... poor matt got low numbers and a waste of time..if he is to have a date he wants it now so he can plan for a bigger showing...i feel bad for him he and his wife sherry put on a great show..except they steal tent posts lol..anyway next..

The series is about to take off....i don't think we even realize what we have here..we need to get going on this without hesitation so we don't lose the people (i have people coming into action asking whos first host?? people who didn't run the series before...this is good...but the question going un answered is baaaaad

Come on guys if i can do anything at all to make this series move ahead email...pm..msn or whatever just lets get er done...i want this to be big ...its poised to be now lets make it happen...Rick Endler

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
matt2
RCC Expert Contributor

matt

i hear you Rick , at least give us a glimmer of hope or something. I want to post my schedule for next year ,but dont want to post my trophy races against any GLORCS races .Also when there are great lake races close by Sammys,FTR etc I want to close the track so i can make these races this year .

SO LETS GET SOMETHING DECIDED .That way i dont have to answer emails every night from the local racers on whats is going on for the GLORCS .THis will give me more time cleaning off a place on the shelf for Ricks trophy.That will be mine this year.

Matt
matt2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
michaely.
RCC Master Contributor

★ Site Supporter ★
★ Moderator ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 2

In taling to Warlock yesterday I found out that it will be all done in 10 days. We need to discuss a few points problem and the last hold up in the sched. was Sammy's and Action wanted races on the same weekand?. Also the small matter where the final is going to be this year.

I know everybody is hot and heavy to get going but life happens (always other things going on with the site too) we do not do this for a living (just spar time). Everything will be hammered out and it will be fine.

Lets keep talking about the series good or bad its all welcome and has to be delt with.

I want to go to Dirt Burners in MI in March and am trying to get a new radio, engine and spars for the kitty.

This season is shaping up real strong and I can't wait to see some of you again...I miss the times of last season.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:09 AM   #4
John Bakker
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB

I wish I could help you guys.Warlock seems to have all the info but he has not been on line for the last 5 days
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #5
michaely.
RCC Master Contributor

★ Site Supporter ★
★ Moderator ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 2

Chew- Warlock wants to call you so I gave him your home # (hope thats ok). He is on 8 days stright of days.....he is like a sack when he gets home last 2 nights...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy
I wish I could help you guys.Warlock seems to have all the info but he has not been on line for the last 5 days
Old 02-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
John Bakker
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB

thats's cool
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #7
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thanks for the update Doug! Couple of things!!

1) I don't like when people say they are to busy, what it really means is other things are more important. This I understand all to well, however if that is the case delegate some of this stuff to others. Many of us are willing to help to get this thing moving!

2) My offer to sponsor the entire series by bringing money, prizes and resources to the series went on deaf ears so I am withdrawing my offer.

3) It bothers me that last October I was pushed to give my dates and information to have it ready for the Off road Calendar and I was told the other tracks were also doing the same and to now be in Feb and we still do not have a race schedule.

4) As a track owner I am dissapointed that everything is being decided behind closed doors. It would have been nice to have been included in this after all I have been running races for 7 year and now you will be telling me I have to live with your decisions. Lets grow from experience. I have tried many of the things you are discussing, and I believe I have personaly been to more races that the entire offroadrc group combined!

5) I have pushed for over a year now to have one of you invite someone like a Dave Henry to be part of the organization. He was instrumental in getting me going and I know he has been to more races than probably every member of this website combined. Like him or hate him his knowledge from racing in Canada the US and many many other Countries around the world would could only add to making our series more successful.

6) I have to seriously questioning my involvement in GLORCS from a track owner prospective when I leave voice messages for Todd apparently the head organizer and get no response. I have read post and spoken to track owners and I know they are having some of the same challenges.

In closing everyone including Todd wants this to go forward and I don't doubt that for a minute, however I beg that you guys let some others in to help get this thing going. Our goal is all the same we are just not working at it from the same angles!
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #8

Total Props: 57
Listen.

We're doing what we can as soon as we can.

When the day come that this job is paying then I'll put other things hold.

I admit that the schedule was messed up. When we sit down Dave I'll fill you in on why.

None the less I can only move forward.

The tentative schedule is posted. I've still got to firm a couple dates up.

Lets move forward.

To the point on trophies.

The finals will be supplied by GLORCS.
We've got some ideas in mind for what we want the trophies to look like.
Will get some quotes, and then at that point I will post pricing.

I was planning on offering sponsorship opportunities to all r/c shops tracks etc to cover these costs. I'm looking to mobilize all stakeholders of rc to be apart of this. So basically there would be a maximum any one stakeholder could sponsor. I'm trying to be fair. I don't want to see GLORCS have to charge tracks a fee....it just doesnt sit right with me at this time so early in the process. Hope this makes sense

Nothing is being decided behind closed doors. Where is this happening.
The schedule is the only thing I've done without consulting the group.

As a matter fact the rules as provided by CORCS were posted for discussion. Which might I add hasn't been to fired up.

Enough said by me. I've got a number of recommendations for operations relating to transponders etc. I'll post it in another thread.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:58 AM   #9
agent0075
O'Donnell Racing Team Driver

Alright!! In Warlock we trust!! First off here, I don't know why some here are getting their panties in a bunch, yes this was supposed to be done by the end of January, So what if we are only one month off the schedule. Do remember that we threw all this together at the last minute last year, and I think we did fine. Sure there were a couple of things that weren't perfect, but all and all it was an awesome racing expierence and it will only get better. Now I wouldn't worry about turn outs dropping. Everybody who is into some good racing, knows this series is going to happen and will do what ever it takes to go to those races. By now I think almost everybody in eastern Canada know's it's the happening thing. So trust me turn outs are going to be higher for sure. THE MOST POWERFUL THING IS WORD OF MOUTH.

O'Donnell Racing the next world champ!!!
You can all start crying now.

O'Donnell Racing
Futaba
O.S Engines
agent0075 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in