My Gaui Hurricane 550 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 10-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Wayne_K
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Wayne K

Total Props: 5
My Gaui Hurricane 550

I love it. Pics especially for Dave, I hope all can enjoy.

Feel free to post pics or your heli.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m_DSCN0879.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	86718   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_DSCN0927.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	86719   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_DSCF1751.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	86720  
Wayne_K is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
Dennis Pedersen
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
NX10SE / Mikado V-Control
# of RCs: Few

Total Props: 48
Wink Re: My Gaui Hurricane 550

Very nice looking heli.I just read the reveiw on it and it seems like a very nice machine.Oh and the Smith MiniPlane is a great fun little bipe also.
Dennis Pedersen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15
Re: My Gaui Hurricane 550

Yup I love mine too wanted something different and the price and parts are reasonable
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gaui 005.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	86745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gaui 002.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	86746   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0340.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	86747  

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
gi1mo2
RCC Contributor

I am: Gilles M
Radio of choice:
DX7
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 4

You seem to have some kinds of floats on the picture. What are you using? I'm looking for something for my 450 and 500 for the winter and perhaps water next year.

Gilles
Plane: F4U Corsair, Extra 300, Hangar-9 Piper J-3 Cub 40, Visionaire, Polaris Ultra, Focke Wulf 190
Micro: T-28 Trojan, Extra 300 3D
gi1mo2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi1mo2 View Post
You seem to have some kinds of floats on the picture. What are you using? I'm looking for something for my 450 and 500 for the winter and perhaps water next year.

Gilles
OK I have been flying for years ,but heli is new to me. Sometimes when I am flying /Hovering I pull back on throttle to fast and boom heli drops . So I decided that I needed to add a shock absorber.They are just plain old Noodles you know the swimming type. Not sure if they would work as a floatation device on a heli though. They work very well as a shock absorber though . I like the look they give the Heli too.

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Pee on it and walk away.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
heli-insane
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Keith Z
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 20
Talking Re: My Gaui Hurricane 550

Heres a pic of my gaui 550 carbon fiber edition heli stretched out!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	keith heli.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	95117  
heli-insane is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
flycrazy = Darcy Creighton
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Darcy Creighton
Radio of choice:
spektrum dx9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

Gaui makes a great product!

I'll be building a 255 in a few months from now.
flycrazy = Darcy Creighton is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #8
jeffsos3000
RCC Noob

I am: jeff s

Total Props: 0

hello there. im new to this site and i was just curious as to where you fellas got your hurricanes from. i just ordered one from hobby king out of china, but im wondering if there will be a better option for me t order from as far as parts replacement and what not. also to the fellow who stretched his 550 i have not been able to find any info on how to stretch it beyond 550. i would love to be able to stretch to 600 just to have a larger bird. if anyone can give me some info on this that would be great. and if anyone knows of any canadian retailers that i can order parts for this heli. that would be great as well.
jeffsos3000 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #9
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsos3000 View Post
hello there. im new to this site and i was just curious as to where you fellas got your hurricanes from. i just ordered one from hobby king out of china, but im wondering if there will be a better option for me t order from as far as parts replacement and what not. also to the fellow who stretched his 550 i have not been able to find any info on how to stretch it beyond 550. i would love to be able to stretch to 600 just to have a larger bird. if anyone can give me some info on this that would be great. and if anyone knows of any canadian retailers that i can order parts for this heli. that would be great as well.
Well I have three of them . First one bought used from here ,the next one I did same as you and ordered from HK including the servos etc needed. The third one I bought here in Canada came complete less Gyro and receive ,it also cost less than from HK. Unfortunately supplies and parts became an issue with them from their suppliers so the two owners pulled the plug. Not sure if the X5 (think that is the new model )is actually stretched or he means that the main blades are open and it is stretched out. The 425 HK sells is a 550 with a short tail boom .The 425 and 550 are the blade sizes 425mm and 550 mm. The 550 can also use 500 mm blades. Not sure how Trex came up with a 450 size as it is no where near that yet if not mistaked their other size Helis are close in blade size to number of the heli(I think but not absolutely sure)I tried to google Gaui /and parts and didn't find much in the 550 size available in Canada,all kinds of places in HK if you look hard enough

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Pee on it and walk away.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
jeffsos3000
RCC Noob

I am: jeff s

Total Props: 0

than you very much for all the information. i guess i will just stick with ordering my parts from hobbyking, as they apppear to carry every part for the hurricane. though i dont know how often they receive new stock. it appears a lot if the parts are in stock. but some are not. guess il just have to order in bulk when i see something i need is in stock,lol. im fairley neww ot the rc hobby. this will be my third flying season this summer. i have really only been flying larger .60 sice aircraft. i seem to be able to fly the planes pretty well. i have planted a few in,but mainly becasue i got cocky. the past year or so i have really started taking an intereest in the helis. i stilll like my planes but also like the look and challenege of flying the helicopters. i own a blade 400. which wass my first heli i baught that now sits on a shelf becasue its way to crazy for me right now. (but at elast i got a dx6 out of the buy,lol) i also own the new blade 120 sr fixed pitch which i really enjoy. and i purchased the new blade sr fixed pitch. witch i find quite stable. i am still very new on the learning to fly them thing. and i dont plan to rush the learning curve. especially on this 550 im getting. but i have the phoenix rc simulator which im using for learnin the helis. and when i get the 550 ready to go im going to be following rads flight school. and i also just purchased rays helitech dvds. pricy but from what ive read about them, thay are amazing for teaching you all about them and how to set them up right. so heres hoping..lol
jeffsos3000 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in