TTR EB4 S3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
joeparent
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Joeparent

Total Props: 0
TTR EB4 S3

Just to let everyone know I will be going out to run the S3 this week and I will let everyone know how the car is on its first time out ....
I will give as much info as I can so for those of you thinking of buying a S3 will know how it is out of the box and after changes.
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
Abiye
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: joe blow

awesome... looking forward to it...
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
spond
Alumni Mod

I am: Scott P

Maybe even write it up in a "news" style and Fozy could put it in the next newsletter...
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
kenora

Dave Henry will post here!

To everyone that is interested, Dave Henry will be checking this thread to check if anyone needs helps with any THUNDER TIGER related car or set-up questions. He will be checking on a semi-regular basis, so feel free to ask away!
kenora is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

I wonder ? Will Mr. Henry defend his perfect record at Sprucewood with a TTR car ?
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:04 AM   #6
CBranch

I am so glad I chose the S3 to race this year. I have mine half assembled and it is the nicest buggy I have ever had. All the support from Darren, Joe, and Dave is a huge step forward for our hobby/sport in Canada.
Keep up the great work guys!!!

Colin
CBranch is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:26 AM   #7
joeparent
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Test report

So here it is
after running my S3 in a freezing track I can't be happier than I am.
The car is very stable , and fast.
The car reacts very well to changes you can feel them as you make them.
The S3 jumps like no car I've run before ...and lands softly most times..
The shocks are silky smooth and this is a good reason for the great take off and landings of the car.
The S3's brakes are very smooth and controllable.
I used almost the stock settings from the manual , except the diff fluids.I was running : fr 5000 / c 7000 / r 3000.
the car turns well i felt my car needs more turn in for my driving style but that is a easy fix with all the adjustments that the S3 gives you.
I made small changes to the car on this day as I wanted to get a feel for the car as it was set-up.The only real change i made was front springs.I changed to the BLUE fronts which are the softest..to get the front of the car to come down a little more to gain a little more steering.
I could have gained more by changing the roll center , and adding more caster ........but it was way to cold to be wrenching at the track all day like I would have liked too.(next time I will bring a space heater)
There is nothing to report broken ,the car ran all the test period with out any problems.
For all you guys looking for some serious power....check out the ROSSI LSK.
Man is it fast...and torquey...with a smooth power band....my hat off to ROSSI,and SIDEWINDER for making awesome products....this was my first time ever using either of there products. I had no flame outs and always had smoke coming from the engine.(actually the engine was a tad fat but it was still too much for the indoor track I was at)
I have started to rebuild the car now to get it ready for RED DEER and I am making some serious changes that I feel will make the car more agressive.
I perfer a car that turns in REAL HARD cause you can always take it out by changing your driving style but if it isn't there it you can't put it in during a race.(don't get me wrong the car turn in well ...I just like TOO MUCH...to the point I can spin the car out if I want.)
So if you got any questions go ahead and fire away
For you guy looking for a new car check out the S3 .........it is probably one of the best priced 1/8 cars and is one of the best cars I've driven out of the box
Finishing off my report here I just want to thank Darren from HOBBYCRAFT for everything , and look forward to racing for the TTR /HOBBYCRAFT team , and helping out anyone I can.
Thanks to all
Joe
Old 01-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #8
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

first run

Nice to hear you had a good first day out! So far mine has only had a few tanks of break in on the box outside with a towel wrapped on the head to help it stay warm.
As far as turn in if you want more try less caster in the front,ie move the front upper arms forward. Almost always moving them forward increases turn in with a reduction in turn out.
Was the track surface smooth or bumpy? And what was the traction level like?
I ran the Axe Rossi LSK with the #5 plug,30% sidewainder and the medium and small carb intakes. For now I am running an 086 pipe. The idle and acceleration are very crisp. The engine also seemed to respond to tuning very well and reacted as I would expect.
I have built over 40 1/8 race cars for myself over the years along with probably 150 or more other assorted race and play cars/trucks including 1/12, 1/10 elctric/gas offroad/onroad, 1/8 monster trucks, 1/18's etc etc, and I have to say this buggy went toogether as well or better than any of them! No B.S.!
I will soon post a quick build guide/tips guide to help anyone assembling this car.
To Jordan: I will sure try my best to defend my title at sprucewood this year, it will be tough but I look forward to racing with Richard again!
As Kenora mentioned I will keeping an eye on this thread to help in any way I can. Please post any questions you may have and I will do my best to help everyone.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:27 PM   #9
joeparent
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

It about time You showed up.LOL!
I am going to enjoy racing with you this year and i do look forward to picking your brain alot when I can.
see ya soon.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:31 PM   #10
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

awww maaan.... now I have to sell my EB4 and pick up one of these in the spring....

I've actually wanted one since I first read about it... I like all the new features on it... especially the front shocks
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in