What Heli SIM to get? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
imported_Thrash
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
What Heli SIM to get?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I read alot of info on helis and everyone seems to recommend getting a simulator and brushing up on basic skills on it first before flying a decent heli (trex 450ish)

what sim software is useful?
imported_Thrash is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
imported_Jiver
RCC Junior Contributor

Sim

Great Planes RealFlight G4 or G3.5, if lacking computer power
Hanger 9 FS One
Model Rectifier Reflex XTR
Runtime Pheonix RC

These would be the ones I would recommend. The G4 requires a lot of memory and processing power, so, you would need a powerful computer. The first 3 are readily available from your LHS, however, I would like to get my hands on the Pheonix SIM.

I have the G3.5 and has saved me tons of money as I crashed quite a bit while I was learning. Any of the above SIMs will be beneficial

Good luck...

Gordon
imported_Jiver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
NuMbEr OnE
RCC Apprentice

I am: Kevin G

The G4 is i believe one of the best affordable simulator. Its helped me flying my heli. It has everything u need to learn 3d ,,, thats the one to use.
NuMbEr OnE is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
Speedpass
RCC Noob

G4 is affordable? Pheonix is selling for US $159.99, not to mention there is no need to buy any extension packages. Phenoix keeps updating there software and adding new airplane & heli for free. For graphic, there is no way G4 can compare to pheonix. The most update free download heli from Phenoix is ........... Vibe 50 3D
G4 is winning in sale beacsue it is distributed by Great Planes. Currently there is no distributor for Pheonix in US and Canada.
Speedpass is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in