Hobby King is a roll of the dice but don't hold your breath - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
bensidus197217
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9
Hobby King is a roll of the dice but don't hold your breath

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ordered my Fat shark in August, waited a month till it was in stock and there it sat in stock with no delivery attempt for a week. I complained many times and got the run around with still no delivery attempt, it's now October and still no attempt to send my stuff. They got back to me to say I need to send $19 more for postage because they need to use a different postal system, sent the money and still nothing being done on my order. So they have till tomorrow to send my Fat Shark and if as I expect that doesn't occur I will be shutting down my account and getting my money back through Paypal never to deal with Hobby King again. Rotorquest all the way now because at least with Quad copters I'm not replacing parts near as much as I did with helis. I used Hobby King for a long time with much waiting time almost every time but still got my stuff, one time damaged two times not working it's just not worth the headaches dealing with them for me.
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
JamesBC
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jim N

Total Props: 2
Re: Hobby King is a roll of the dice but don't hold your breath

Its the same for lots of people, including a small order I have placed, and not just Hobby King has the problem. Seems China Mail is the major hold up on inspecting all packages going out for Lipo's.

Another company in China that I have ordered from several times, and ordered from third week of Sept is having problems, and they email me right off saying sorry about delay.

Oh well, Patience is a virtue. Which I have non of...LOL

Jim

I am going to sell my FatShark googles, going to stay with a monitor which I like much better.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
tporter416
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 13

You should read this thread...

https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/show...203284&page=10

Tom
SAB Goblin Kraken, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 420, Oxy 2, 180 Fusion, mCPX BL, mCPX BL2, nano CP S, Freewing F-14, FMS Rafale, Freewing F-5N, Freewing BAE Hawk, FMS F-18, A-10, GP Super Sportster, P-39, Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm, Dogfighter, FMS F-35, FW F-18, E-Max 250 Quad
tporter416 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
bensidus197217
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9

So Jim why do you like the monitor better? I also plan on reporting their scam to Canada Post and turning over my account to them to investigate these bandits. I also studied patent law and will report them to The Canada patent office.
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
JamesBC
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jim N

Total Props: 2

To tell the truth, I get air sick flying with the googles on. For one thing I fly low and fast and I stay in our club field area so lots of banking and yanking. Also I think the fact that I loose all peripheral vision makes it even worse. With the monitor set up and my back to the field I just fly on the monitor. So will be selling them, waiting on a club member to decide if he wants them, if not will put them up on RCCanada.

Well as far as HobbyKing goes, its like I said, not only them but several shops that are caught up in it. Plus the fact that right now tell Oct 7th everything in HongKong and China is closed for the holiday making the back log even worse. I have never had a problem with HK or any of the many shops in China, but there are two hard and fast rules.

It gets here when the man drops it off at my door.
HK does not have customer service and never has had it since they open the door, fact of life.

Jim
Old 10-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensidus197217 View Post
So Jim why do you like the monitor better? I also plan on reporting their scam to Canada Post and turning over my account to them to investigate these bandits. I also studied patent law and will report them to The Canada patent office.
Are you really going to do that and spoil it for the rest of us just because you had a bad experience with them?

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
prose116
RCC Noob

I am: Paul Rose
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX7s
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0

Got this E-Mail last night from HK:

Dear valued HobbyKing Customer,

RE: Battery Shipping from International Warehouse

Please notice, we have recently been informed by some of our shipping partners that they will no longer be able to ship orders containing lithium based batteries on behalf of HobbyKing from our International Warehouse. As a result, orders placed between 23 September 2013 and 2 October 2013 may have been affected and returned to the International Warehouse.

The shipping options that this will affect are EMS, Singpost, Registered Mail, Air Parcel and China Post.

If your order has been affected, HobbyKing will be upgrading your chosen freight option at no extra cost to you to ensure that you receive your order in a timely fashion.

As a long term solution, HobbyKing will be implementing new shipping suppliers in the following days. Alternatively, we would recommend that you place battery orders through any of our regional warehouses, all of whom have an excellent range of lithium based batteries.

Please note: This will NOT affect orders placed after 2 October 2013.

We at HobbyKing thank you for your continued support and custom and appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Thankfully,
Anthony Hand
President
HobbyKing

I guess that means another month of waiting for my Lipos
prose116 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
Max
Administrator

Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

I just got that too.
I posted it on the other thread discussing HK order holdups that is being discussed in the general aircraft forums.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
Max
Administrator

Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

I just got that too.
I posted it on the other thread discussing HK order holdups that is being discussed in the general aircraft forums.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
IceRain29
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Allan X
Radio of choice:
DX9, V control
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 1

have you tried live support? they are pretty fast
IceRain29 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in