MAAC President resigns - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 08:36 AM   #41
Marc Sharpe

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy
Seems to me that if the last three presidents have resigned yet the other top ranking officials have stayed relatively the same that the problem lies with them.

Quote:
Who in their right mind would want to take the Presidents position now after seeing this 10 year track record. Does the job automatically fall now to the VP? Perhaps that was the plan al along
VP Jean is a strong supporter of Wayne and his ideas. Those who drove Wayne out will not be happy till the entire executive walks. Sorry for the politics, but it is the truth and it needs to be told.

Quote:
I to met Wayne once and found him to be a very enthusiastic and outgoing person. He is genuinely interested in talking to anyone remotely interested in this wonderful hobby.

Correct me if I am wrong but was he noted voted into office twice by the majority of MAAC members? If he was doing such a lousy job of things then why was he re-elected? You don't have to agree with everything somebody says or does but at the end of the day you have to look at the big picture and while things may have been done that personally don't impress you you have to look and see if the general membership were being looked after not a few SIGS that feel MAAC is their own personal bank!
Bang on. It's obvious from the posts here that Wayne's unselfish work for MAAC has been noticed by those who count.......................the members. The sad fact is, his resignation was his final act of unselfishness for this organization.

....the wrong persons are leaving. IMO
Marc Sharpe is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:38 AM   #42
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Guys,

Take it easy on Palmer.
There is so much that goes on behind the scenes, without that knowledge, you are only jumping to conclusions. No, it wasn't politically correct, but it was spoken from the heart ... that's also one of the things I appreciate about Palmer ...

As for Wayne, I've met him a few times in the company of different people. I can't say I know him very well but, I will say you'd be wrong to judge him on first impressions alone....

Best of luck in your future endeavours Wayne....

Palmer, don't sweat it. It's easy for others to be a critic, especially when information is lacking.
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:42 AM   #43
WildBill
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bill M

wayne leaving

Well put marc
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:04 AM   #44
Jabba
RCC Expert Contributor

Well I have read all the replys.

IMHO - I'm still glad to see Wayne resign.

Did he work hard for MAAC... well I thing we ALL do.

Showing up at your FUN FLY, and shaking hand does this make him a GOOD President?

One person asked "Correct me if I am wrong but was he noted voted into office twice by the majority of MAAC members?"

answer - is NO you as a MAAC member do not get to vote for the President. The ZD vote at the AGM.

ZD voting is broken into to types -
1) a ZD carries the # of votes as to the # of members in his zone.
2) a ZD has one vote

Next the MAAC President after being elected at the AGM does NOT have a vote after that (other then breaking ties).

THE Board runs MAAC - well that is how it is set up?

Saying I'm glad he has resigned - you think I attacking him.

(I may be wrong here) he got elected by having the majority of ZD (each ZD having just one vote) vote him in.

In his own statement - he did not have the support of the board, what changed?

So did I call him name - make statement as to what IF anything he has done wrong.

I have MY reason. YOU have yours for thinging he was a GREAT president. Did I call you names because of YOUR opinion?

You do no agree with me, fine.

Are the others that agree with me? Maybe but if they say anything you will say they are picking on Wayne?

have a nice day
Old 12-08-2003, 09:51 AM   #45
Ty

Re: Sun Parlor RC flyers / Palmer Johnson ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGreen
I am a member of Sun Parlor RC Flyers and don't appreciate the use of our clubs good name being used in these posts for the purpose of personal dislikes. I feel Palmer was out of line with his comment, regardless of circumstances. I will personally ask Palmer to remove our clubs name from his signiture. I feel Palmer does not represent Sun Parlor or do we support his comments.

Bill Green
MAAC 18270
Bill......go lite on Palmer. He has his opinions as we all do..... he IMO has done nothing wrong to blemish the reputation of the "CLUB". I'm not even sure he has blemished his own reputation either.
Every Club has it's DICTATORS trying to dictate to others how to act, what to say..instigating conflicts, hatred and descention among club members. They like to create Cliques that they feel safe within. They usually get what's coming to them one way or the other. I've come to realise this in just 1 yr. That's right.....I'm only in this Hobby for 1 yr. I'm already sick of what I see. I'm still in this Hobby because of members who are ok...and because of the thousands I've spent over the year. I also race boats and am a member of the Northern Lights Model Boat Club.....we race in the IMPBA.......I have never seen any conflicts among Boaters, only fellow modellers helping each other out unselfishly.
No attack on another is warranted.....and remember, no one likes to be dictated to either.
Ty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #46
prangled prop

I don't really like the way Palmer posted this but I will still remain his friend.

However I can not believe that a certain nameless one was allowed to say the things he said, in the manner he said it and not one person told him to back off. I think the language and tone and put downs he used are despicable.

Shame on you.
prangled prop is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #47
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
You guys are amasing

RB
Old 12-08-2003, 12:24 PM   #48
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Childish was the word that came to mind for me, Randy.

Ronm

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:34 PM   #49
jamesbissonjr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: James B

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Showing up at your FUN FLY, and shaking hand does this make him a GOOD President?
I read your first post again and realized that it sounds a lot worse than it really is. You never did squash Wayne's character or efforts, but using his name and then stating how jubilant you were and that you had to change your pants makes it sound worse. We all use the wrong words sometimes and it is still your opinion.

I haven't been around the hobby or MAAC for as long as the majority of members here probably have, but yes, I do feel that showing up at my funfly and shaking hands does make him a good president because that's not often seen. This in some way allows him to hear the voices of the people who are the main makeup of the organization called MAAC. It's an insight to him and a way of feeding those ideas and comments back to the board. It may not make him a "GREAT" president, but a damn good one.

I have no issue with you Palmer, and I may have misinterpreted your post and apologize if you felt my post in any way jumped at YOU. It wasn't meant to and I just wanted to comment on how I myself felt about Wayne.

Bisson Custom Mufflers
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:43 PM   #50
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
MAAC Prez

I have been a MAAC member for over 30 years and I have seen it grow and mature under the guidance of a great many presidents. Some have been great and some have been not so great, but it is a very difficult job to try and guide any group big or small, and one can never please everyone. I cannot condone however someone coming down so hard on any MAAC president when I have seen the great strides we have accomplished over the last ten years with such things as fixed insurance rates (which haven't increased by more than 20 bucks in all those years!) , a first rate newsletter, a multitude of interest groups and real growth in the hobby. I challenge anyone to try and fill those shoes and come out smelling like a rose for everyone.
If someone has issues, bring it up with suggestions for improvement...or keep your trap shut!

Lee Prevost
MAAC 9551 ..and proud of it!
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in