SE AZM this weekend -- don't forget your proxy if you're not - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #1

Total Props: 57
SE AZM this weekend -- don't forget your proxy if you're not

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Please check out the MAAC website
http://www.maac.ca/view_news.php?itm=128
G. W. Williams School, Dunning at Yonge, Aurora
Sunday, Oct 15, 1PM onwards

If you're not going to attend, please be sure that Bob gets your Proxy. I suspect that a properly written e-mial with your MAAC number should be sufficient.

As an added attraction, there is indoor electric in the main gym from 9am to 1PM. Free admission with a MAAC proxy.

Further details on the session and how to get to the school can be obtained at the AMAC websidte
www.auroramodelaircraft.com

I'd be there but I got committed to a family event and yes, I HAVE given Bob my proxy.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
An E mail with your MAAC no. is not legal according to Corpcan. A fax or scan of a signed proxy form is legal however.
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bob H

Re: SE AZM this weekend -- don't forget your proxy if you're

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrocat
Please check out the MAAC website
http://www.maac.ca/view_news.php?itm=128
G. W. Williams School, Dunning at Yonge, Aurora
Sunday, Oct 15, 1PM onwards

If you're not going to attend, please be sure that Bob gets your Proxy. I suspect that a properly written e-mial with your MAAC number should be sufficient.

As an added attraction, there is indoor electric in the main gym from 9am to 1PM. Free admission with a MAAC proxy.

Further details on the session and how to get to the school can be obtained at the AMAC websidte
www.auroramodelaircraft.com

I'd be there but I got committed to a family event and yes, I HAVE given Bob my proxy.
Don't forget about about the FREE RAFFLE DRAW for a SPEKTRUM radio system. Attendees only are eligible.

As Kevin says, an email proxy is not legal.

Bob Hudson
MAAC Southeast Zone Director

Old 10-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McGrath
An E mail with your MAAC no. is not legal according to Corpcan. A fax or scan of a signed proxy form is legal however.
At the Oakville Model Flying Club meeting a couple of weeks ago they had us Print and sign our name, with MAAC No. on a form type list giving the named representative from the club, votting powers asa proxy. Was that legal?

If not Bob do you have fax No. I can send you my signed proxy to?
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #5
Jon.
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jon A
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 9
what is "proxy"? what ever it is, I got one in my e-mail.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
rcpilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Maqsood

Total Props: 0
I have signed that proxy at oakville as Jim mentioned, I am not 100% sure, but this is the way it has been done for the past few years, so I assume this is OK.

Jim Eichenberg or Brian Henderson will have those proxies from our club.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXS...hYlGsXmhcYNn9g
rcpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #7
Richard Lyle Barlow
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Richard Lyle Barlow
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 13
Proxies

A proxy gives the person to whom it is made out, the right to vote on behalf of the undersigned.

Proxies are a one shot deal. They must be made out for each meeting. They cannot be given for longer than the duration of a single meeting.

Where a sign in sheet is passed around a club, giving one named individual the proxy vote of all the undersigned, this is perfectly legitimate, providing that each signature can be deciphered, or the name is printed alongside. The proxy must also be dated.

If a proxy is given by one individual to two different persons, the one with the more recent date is the one that is to be accepted.

Proxies cannot be reassigned. They may only be used by the person to whom they were made out.

Junior members have no voting privileges and thus cannot give a proxy. Non-current MAAC members have neither the right to vote nor to give a proxy.

Proxies must have a visible signature. Emails are not acceptable unless the email contains a scan of a signed proxy form. Faxes are OK.

If a person shows at the meeting despite having given a proxy, his vote is his to use and the proxy is void

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Richard Lyle Barlow
MAAC President.
Richard Lyle Barlow is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: kevin w

Yes Jim....the way the Oakville Club did it is perfect.Matter of fact thats the way I did it in my club.
What is important is an identifiable signature on the proxy,or on a copy of one.These are Corporate Canada rules which MAAC as a registered Corporation must use.
Actually proxies are a pain in the buns particularly in large number of members zones where they must be checked for accuracy,paid up dues,duplication,juniors cant vote,etc before the meeting can proceed and many a meeting has started late as a result.One of the costs of democracy I guess.
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:38 AM   #9
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bob H

Well, the legalities of proxies have been covered by Richard Barlow ( "El Presidente" ) , and Kevin McGrath ( your VP) so I don't need to clarify that matter.

Jim and Maqsood: All of the OMFC proxies are in hand and look valid

Bob

P.S. Jon in Brockville : If you are in Brockville you reside in the Ottawa Valley Zone. The Zone Boundary is Colborne.

I expect you received your proxy form from someone in the Ottawa Valley Zone. Please check your proxy for date and venue.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #10
Sharpy205

Total Props: 0
What a difference a year makes

Richard, Kevin:

It must be a nice change to have such reasonable and informative online discussion during the ZM season. If your "offline" interactions have been half as pleasant, one couldn't help but smile and actually look forward to the AGM next spring. Enjoy.

Sharpy205 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in