FrSky Horus Tx first production run being delivered - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 09-06-2016, 06:31 PM   #41
cosmith
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Cory S
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 31
Re: FrSky Horus Tx first production run being delivered

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
If that's the case I would need to see his entire setup, in no case has there been a cycled rx required. Not saying that his setup sucks but if he had an issue with ignition what other issues does he have in his setup. Also what firmware is he using. With that information he can go to one of many forums for assistance.

Any reason you'd want to know, please ask directly.

Tell you what, you explain why the 18MZ's locked out in Humber, and the other one in the Toronto RCFC field locked out and I'll see what spurious voltage may have SPIKED through the system to glitch out the hardware on jsparky's plane.

But I"d need the whole thing shipped here so we can work with real data, not conjecture and "Assumptions".

Cool?
Hey Joe, so the simple answer is that you're not aware of any other FrSky RX lockout requiring a restart before re-establishing communication with the TX?

I'm not trying to start a long winded argument here, but jsparky's simple statement "If your FrSky Rx is showing a slow flashing red light... your in a lock out condition.. and only powering off the Rx will reset it again." is all I'm concerned about. No assumptions or conjecture...I'm only trusting that what he is saying is true. Is this not fact?
cosmith is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #42
cosmith
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

I've been a geek tonight and have done a bunch of reading and youtube'ing regarding the Horus and OpenTX.

My simple conclusion...the OpenTX interface on the Horus is completely outstanding, and the fact that it is open source and constantly improving is a huge plus for me. Awesome that you can backup and setup your radio from PC.

Secondly, the stock Horus interface makes me want to vomit...if I end getting one of these I will flash it to OpenTX before any attempt at using it.

A couple of questions...does anybody have the OpenTX Companion working to simulate the Horus?

Joe, are you using the X8R receivers with SBUS to the Aura? Assuming I had a Horus, what exactly would I need to buy to setup a simple 60cc 3D plane with basic telemetry such as voltage and engine temp?

Pretty excited about the prospect of this radio, but I would really need to get one in my hands. It'll be interesting to hear what you guys think about it when you start using it. Especially things such as gimbal quality, screen brightness/viewing angle, battery life, etc.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #43
JoeT
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: JoeT
Radio of choice:
Tandemist (Ex Horusist)
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 65

Yes, DUMP FRTX and replace with OpenTX and you'll be infinitely happier. The Menu Driven FRtx is ok, just ok.

OpenTX is much more versatile, it's a "Can do anything with anything". Yes, I use X8R and X6R receivers on my planes. SBUS is same protocal as Futaba SBUS, the stream runs at 9ms.

Companion for Horus is still under development, but OpenTX2.2 (351) is very stable and works really well. Load up Amber sound pack and your club members will drool too.

Sensors: You can either use the Frsky sensors on the sensor bus or use a sensor hub from N2 Industries and use telemetry to your hearts content. All my gassers have Left cyl temp, right cyl temp, Batt Voltage at Receiver, Actual Batt Voltage, and Batt Voltage output from the Power distribution units. It'll also log all of the above including the basic functions so you can examine your flight data.

For your 60cc plane:

X6R receiver or X8R
1 Good Quality Double Male Cable for SBUS

That's about it. The rest you already have. With your Battshare, plug one batt into the X6R and the other into the Aura that way you'll have 2 feeds. Plug your throttle and ignition kill (IBEC) directly into your receiver that leaves you 8 ports in the aura for everything else.
Skywing Edge 540 V3 Build: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcan...9580468180020/
Skywing NG Build: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcan...4310223707045/
JoeT is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #44
jsparky
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Jeff G
Radio of choice:
X20s or anything FrSky
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post

But I"d need the whole thing shipped here so we can work with real data, not conjecture and "Assumptions".

Cool?
I don't really think your qualified .. but aside from that ,, what " REAL DATA " would you like to know..
jsparky is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #45
JoeT
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Tandemist (Ex Horusist)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsparky View Post
I don't really think your qualified .. but aside from that ,, what " REAL DATA " would you like to know..
You're right, I'm not qualified, phew!
Skywing Edge 540 V3 Build: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcan...9580468180020/
Old 09-06-2016, 09:23 PM   #46
cosmith
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Just perused the telemetry options...the 150a current sensor would be just awesome for my big brushless plane. I'm also thinking with the flexibility of OpenTX and the large screen you cold layout a bunch of telemetry data quite nicely. I'm also assuming you can set warnings for each telemetry item?

I didn't think I would be considering a new radio for a long time, but this keeps looking more and more appealing.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #47
JoeT
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Tandemist (Ex Horusist)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmith View Post
Just perused the telemetry options...the 150a current sensor would be just awesome for my big brushless plane. I'm also thinking with the flexibility of OpenTX and the large screen you cold layout a bunch of telemetry data quite nicely. I'm also assuming you can set warnings for each telemetry item?

I didn't think I would be considering a new radio for a long time, but this keeps looking more and more appealing.
OpenTX 2.2 allows you to layout your screens any way you want. The Widgets menu basically allows you to display whatever information you want on which ever screen, or multiple pages of screens. It's actually really well thought out. There is a learning curve though, but once anyone plays with it for a bit, it's an amazing OS.

Yes, warning thresholds are available for almost all sensors, those that don't have warnings can be setup as logical switches to trigger scripts or voices or haptic or whatever you choose.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #48
u8mydog
RCC Apprentice

I am: John M

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmith View Post
A couple of questions...does anybody have the OpenTX Companion working to simulate the Horus?
Once you configure a profile for Horus, then the simulator does show the Horus screen, and you can sort of navigate through the menus but I'm unable to change settings within the menus. Button navigation definitely is not complete yet.

Opentx states that the simulator is not ready yet and they suggest to do your editing in the radio for now. Read this: http://www.open-tx.org/2016/09/03/opentx-2.2.0RC3
u8mydog is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:03 PM   #49
kcaldwel
RCC Contributor

I am: Kevin C.

Total Props: 6

There has already been two Hori(?) for sale on RCGroups due to the size and weight making it difficult to hold without at least a strap. It does sound like it may restrict the Horus to people that fly with a strap?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2733217

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2734249

I'd really like to hold one of these. I love my two Tarani, and was really looking forward to the Horus. I fly without a strap or tray mostly though, so maybe it isn't for me.

Kevin

Last edited by kcaldwel; 09-07-2016 at 03:08 PM.
kcaldwel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #50
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110

I know I plan to set it up with the double brackets like I have on MC-20. Then I can use my Graupner neck strap. I saw a picture of the brackets on one of the RCG threads. Remove a few screws from the back and attach them. Will post a pic if I can find it.
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in