INDOOR Offroad Electric track almost ready - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
INDOOR Offroad Electric track almost ready

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey everyone, just spoke with someone at the Hwy 7/27 location (R/C Sports and Hobbies) http://www.rcsports.ca

He said that the lighting and electrical components are complete, and they are pushing to have it open by end of this month (April) - said it won't be until June till they start having organized races with a lap counter installed, etc...

Said to keep looking at the website - they will have pictures posted, once complete. The dimensions are about 70 x 30 feet. Kinda reminds of the track back in the day "Metro Speedway" at Jane/Dundas - about the same dimensions.... good enough to run a 16T modified for 2WD or 4WD offroad.

Let's hope we'll all have a home come next winter when we can't run outside!

Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
miller066

Once they finally open are they going to be running all electric scales. Or just 1/10.
miller066 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

For now it sounds like they have 150-200 potential members who are primarily 1/10th - but based on demand for 1/18th, the track will surely accommodate both.
Durango DEX410

Old 04-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
gmhouben
RCC Junior Contributor

LOL! Too Funny!
gmhouben is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Once they open I think a whole bunch of people who paid for memberships at the NOVEMBER HOBBY SHOW are going to go down there intent on punching the guy in the face.
They've been claiming that it will be 'open in a few weeks' or 'next month' since last year, all the while using it as a ploy to get more money and sell more kits with 'memberships' to an unopened track. Its completely DISGUSTING behaviour, and entirely unacceptable. I hope nobody forgets what they've done if it ever really does open.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

I agree - I even bought a 1/10th Losi XXX-4 kit (not from them) after I was lead to believe months ago that a track would be open... Now I'm stuck with this kit, but I intend run it!

Should be interesting to see what happens, but like I said, I asked a ton of questions, and they maintain that the showroom is finished, and they plan to have it up and running for May...

Time will tell...
Durango DEX410
Old 04-05-2006, 06:01 AM   #7
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrmek
I agree - I even bought a 1/10th Losi XXX-4 kit (not from them) after I was lead to believe months ago that a track would be open... Now I'm stuck with this kit, but I intend run it!

Should be interesting to see what happens, but like I said, I asked a ton of questions, and they maintain that the showroom is finished, and they plan to have it up and running for May...

Time will tell...
the showroom is finished? whoopty **!!!!!!! i would rather see a track built than a showroom jeez....

can i call it now folks???? can i please??? im gonna do it... FAILURE!!! closed before the fall....
Old 04-05-2006, 06:28 AM   #8
Bdegan2

I have to agree with ayk to a degree.
Opening an indoor track in May is a mistake. There will not be enough participation to keep it afloat. Between nitro offroad and nitro onroad, cottages, nice bar-b-q days. There just won't be enough income to justify it.

Sept / Oct in the fall would make more sense, but that window has passed.
Now, maybe the guy owns the whole building, who knows. Then maybe overhead is less of a concern.

We will all just have to wait and see.
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:21 AM   #9
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

Definitely will be interesting to see the attendance with the warm season upon us - although they claim that they have 'soooooo many' people breaking down their doors, dying to get in there... I'm sure it's hype...

So if/when it's up and running, first person to get there and check it out can report back to this forum with an update....
Durango DEX410
Old 04-05-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
John Bakker
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB

No sense in beating a dead horse
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in