General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #1
planecrazy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chris R

Total Props: 1
Great Hobbies

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Has anyone noticed a decline in service with Great Hobbies lately???

In the past when I ordered stuff from them they would send me an e-mail confirmation 1) that they got the order 2) whether anything was on backorder and 3) when it got shipped out.

My last 2 orders...nothing. I've been waiting 2 weeks for an order, so I called them yesterday. "Oh yes, Mr. Rebidoux, your credit card was declined (that's cause it's cancelled!!)" Funny, I recall selecting "send COD" on the order form.

Have they gotten too big to provide this little bit of much appreciated service???

Chris

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
Norm
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: DM

Total Props: 3
Last year my parents called Great Hobbies and ordered a PT-40 MK II for me as a christmas gift. So some time passed and it wasn't coming and wasn't coming. So my folks called to see what was happening. They were told that they never made an order and it was to late now since it was so close to christmas. My parents then phoned Wings and Wheels in Blockhouse N.S. and I think they got the kit in a week or something ( great service ).
The kicker was when my Great Hobbies flyer showed up in the mail that only regular customers who order there recieve, but how could that be since they told us we didn't make an order????
Old 11-08-2003, 07:48 PM   #3
wingburner
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jack D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 21
I to have had problems with Great Hobbies.They did e-mail me confirming order but I had two seoerate orders one c.o.d. and the other cr. cars and they combined them into one on my cr. card.Then try and ask them how to strigthen it out.Good luck lol.
wingburner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-08-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
nony
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
I've had no problems with them, but I can go there in person......

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:08 PM   #5
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
They are definately going through growing pains!
I've had problems with orders in the past, but they have always corrected the problem to my satisfaction immediately.
Lately, I notice less confirmation of orders, and I had an order go missing that turned out to have been returned to the Edmonton branch, from where it was sent.
When I placed the order, I advised them of a change of address, but when they transferred the order to Edmonton for shipping, they used my old address. They did correct the problem right away though.
I hope they get any problems worked out, I like them a lot.

Ronm

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:43 PM   #6
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
As many of you know, I am a Great Hobbies customer. I have had (and I remember well) only two orders in the last 6 years or so that were incorrect, one was a wrong colour of monokote and one was a missing pack of hinges.

I order from them too many times to keep track of in a year, maybe 40 orders? ANyhow, they allways send my stuff the day I order it as I request express post (its on my account) and I allways get it in 2 days, the odd time it may take 3 (rare).

I often dont have the part # handy (I know I am supposed to ) when I call the 1-800 orders only number, but the girls on the phone allways help me out. And I talk to Gary often, when I need a special order or cant find the item on the website.

For the number of customers they serve, I imagine they must have some problems, but I have dealt also a LOT with small "mom and pop" hobby shops and have had more troubles with them than ever with Great Hobbies.

I do not order on line, however, as I like to actually talk to a person when I make my order and see if the items are in stock, and if not they usually let me know of a similar item in stock.

Great Hobbies is a great hobby shop IMO. I give them 99% of my hard earned hobby money the last few years because I think they plain and simple earned it.

Also, I appreciate being treated like I am a valued customer. Thats why I shop GH, and even though sometimes the item is cheaper elsewhere, I know I can dependon them for excellent service.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:55 PM   #7
Frank Klenk
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Frank Klenk
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 49
I have ordered from them a few times and am a satisfied customer. Once an order did get mixed up, I phoned the West branch and the East branch had it in stock but neither mailed it. They were very apologetic and did not charge me for shipping. I agree with Ron, they're going thru some growing pains, be patient.
MECA 4762
Thank a farmer
My Website, https://frankshangar.com/
My YouTube channels,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7m...ZDhGp4w/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-k...8MphsMZuVfwqJw
Frank Klenk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:44 PM   #8
Cecil Marshall
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Cecil M
Radio of choice:
FUTABA
# of RCs: 20+

Hey Andrew:

That was a "great" commercial..

Cecil
Cecil Marshall is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:55 PM   #9
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
Cecil,
I can only speak from experience. Maybe I am lucky?? I dont think so. I gave many thousands of my dollars and a lot of my patience to some other places and got less than satisfactory service IMO. Hey, there are allways going to be mistakes made and the larger your customer base the more chance for error.

And I am not a share holder in GH. but I wish I was, maybe then I would get a discount??
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:59 PM   #10
Cecil Marshall
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Cecil M
Radio of choice:
FUTABA
# of RCs: 20+

They're #1 in my book also AJ..

I"sa just a "funnin" with ya

Cecil
Cecil Marshall is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in