Finally a high quality, full range 2.4, far beyond JR stuff - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Shawn S.
Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Total Props: 36
Finally a high quality, full range 2.4, far beyond JR stuff

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/xtremelink.php

Finally no more needing to mod the 6102 radio with the crappy spektrum radio and its radio shack feel.
All I can say is goodbye to glitches and lockouts forever, this is awesome where technology is taking the hobby! :P

A half year ago or so there was a big debate about spektrum and how it was not allowed, then MAAC allowed it etc. Funny all the peeps who bock stuff like this can either get on board or be left behind, I said it before and now it is very obvious, this is the way the technology is going and crystals and frequency boards will be a thing of the past.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
j-coles

Total Props: 0
Re: Finally a high quality, full range 2.4, far beyond JR st

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812
http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/xtremelink.php

Finally no more needing to mod the 6102 radio with the crappy spektrum radio and its radio shack feel.
All I can say is goodbye to glitches and lockouts forever, this is awesome where technology is taking the hobby! :P

A half year ago or so there was a big debate about spektrum and how it was not allowed, then MAAC allowed it etc. Funny all the peeps who bock stuff like this can either get on board or be left behind, I said it before and now it is very obvious, this is the way the technology is going and crystals and frequency boards will be a thing of the past.

ok you win!!
j-coles
j-coles is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
hydravien
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Nick P
Radio of choice:
DX9

it looks like a good idea and concept, the one thing they need to do is move that antenna. i garuntee you that will cause problems. (with me anyway). it will break off or damae the pcb, and its mighty expensive to be doing that to.

however, if they work as they say they do and provide the range and stability they promise, i might test one. (in a cheap model first of course). eventually ss will take over, but i think that it is still a good year or so off.

the odds of shooting someone down are very slim, yet they are still there. i think that a sensor would add some added safety to the system, possibly make it complete. yes the odds are slim (trillions?) but they are there. that means eventually something bad will happen.

might not need one of these for ahwile though. no one else has my frequency at the local field
Old 09-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27
Did you order one?

The order system doesn't seem to have any products.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #5
JimBrown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim Brown
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-24
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydravien
it looks like a good idea and concept, the one thing they need to do is move that antenna. i garuntee you that will cause problems. (with me anyway). it will break off or damae the pcb, and its mighty expensive to be doing that to.
Problem is, they can't move the antenna. It is located where it is for a reason. Any other location reduces the range.

Not a big deal for the RX, but yeah, on the TX it's going to be interesting. You'll probably see guys building little guards for them. One guy on RCGroups already mentioned thinking about making a kevlar bubble to protect it.

Oh, the reason moving the antenna reduces the range is that in order to get the "spherical" transmit and receive pattern, there are actually two antennas. The one you see, and the one you don't. Apparently, the one you don't see is the PCB board itself. If you've seen the Spectrum RX, you'll note there are two antennas that must be arranged perpendicular to each other. These guys are ensuring that the two antennas are perpendicular to each other, and that it can't be messed up by the end user due to an improper installation. There's a few other differences as well. The technical details are worth a read.

...jim
JimBrown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
hydravien
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Nick P
Radio of choice:
DX9

yes i read that and how the second antenna is built onto the pcb, and the reasoning behind why it is placed the way it is, but i neglected to mention it.

it will be rather interesting to see a tx with the little nub sticking out of it, but im sure people will come up with clever (and interetsing) ways to deal with the problem.

nope i didnt order one. i noticed that there order system didnt have anything in it either. i went there to look for info, but i only found it on the one linked page. says in october they should be ready. for testing/sale i dont know, but seems odd they would release it at the end of the season (well i guess down south the season doesnt end)
Old 09-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #7
adaptabl
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dave D

Total Props: 1
Hitec should have thier system ready very soon. Futaba and JR are sure to follow. We just have too much bandwidth right now to keep.
adaptabl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #8
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Shawn S.
Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Total Props: 36
Well I am surprised companies such as Futaba, Hitech, Airtronics and so on,,, have been sitting back and riding the bus. They may soon develop a system themselves,,,,maybe. Way I see it if they were would they not have done it allready and avoided this major loss to competitors....? Doesen't make sense. This Xtreme series I think will be very popular as it has a 5 mile range and is available for all brands and they will be developing it for use in all radios, and at a very cheap price as well, that to me will make it very desirable. You can not order one, it is avialable all in October sometime. I will be trying one for sure, these guys have been testing this in models of all kinds for nearly 8 months now daily without a hiccup, I am not worried one bit, and I also will NEVER worry about that one in a billion chance of being chot down living in Canada, cmon now there is more peeps in California than in our entire country, lol.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:02 AM   #9
Squidbait

Looks interesting. I'll be interested to see what the prices are like. I'm really surprised that Spektrum didn't make a module for JR tx's, seeing how you can slip the board into a 6102. Talk about instantly expanding your product line...
Squidbait is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #10

Total Props: 57
I don't know my wireless G on 2.4 was giving me fits every time anyone tried to use the cordless phone. It didn't matter what channel the internet connection dropped out as soon as the phone was in use. Changed phone to 5.8 and still a few times it would drop out. turned out to be the neighbors phone so I bought a range expander and it seems to have taken care of the problem.

Saying this I have no doubt of the quality of the radio units themselves and would not expect to see problems from this source. I wonder about all the other products that transmit on 2.4. How is thier quality control. I think myself I will be waiting for a bit before jumping on the band wagon. I like the idea I am not willing to experiment with anything of value at this time as I am quite satisfied with what I have for the moment.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in