Old 05-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
BigJohn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: john g
Radio of choice:
Spektrum dx8

Total Props: 4
Re: Turigy prop hub

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks for the responces and I will PM you Dennis about your prop hub.This is the first time I have had this happen with any of my electric motors.I have used Turigy motors before and must say that the recent motors I have received seem of not the same quality as in past.I will check out headsuprc and see what they have to fit as well.I do have two others I can use but that means one of the other motors would be without a prop hub.Thanks all and I will post what I find out from Jeff at Headsuprc after I contact him and let others know.John

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #12
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15
Re: Turigy prop hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Smith View Post
The prop adaptor that came with a Turnigy motor I purchased was a piece of junk anyway. The prop washer was a sloppy fit ( I mean a real sloppy fit) on the shaft. Where the shaft met the back surface there was a large radius in the corner. This means that a spinner backplate or prop would have to have a large chamfer in the rear surface to clear that rad. The 8mm prop nut was truly a sloppy fit in the threaded shaft.

And now a shaft has broken while the prop nut was tightened. REALY!!

These items would be rejected in any M/C shop I have ever worked in.

Ed S
Hey Ed not sure what props you are using on your electrics these are the ones I use http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7960 they have a whole lot of different sizes if you follow the link back. not sure if they have what is required for pylon. If you look at the picture of the prop you will see it has a large number of adapters which I find quite tight. The possible reason Johns adapter broke was as he said he over tightened it and as it is a softish aluminium and probably in the range of 4 / 7mm

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in