Best Li-Po batteries? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
Ramz-to-tha-Z

Total Props: 0
Best Li-Po batteries?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey everybody. I was just wondering what everybody is running for Lithium batteries on their brushless setups? I have 2, 830mah 3-cell Apogee packs and so far they have not treated me very well. Each pack has a bad cell. It's going to be used with a T6/3D (courtesty of Oilman!!) on a shock flyer. I'd like something around the 600-800mah range. Thanks.
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:34 PM   #2
Rob
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Rob

i am useing some cheap batteriers form Icare-rc 3cell 900MAH. they came with a automatic Cell balancer so the cells wont get to far out of ballance. so far so good. I find the Appogee hold the power longer the theis chinees batteries but for $50 what do you want . i think once these packs bit it i will take the balance out and use it on another pack.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:49 PM   #3

Total Props: 57
Re: Best Li-Po batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz-to-tha-Z
Hey everybody. I was just wondering what everybody is running for Lithium batteries on their brushless setups? I have 2, 830mah 3-cell Apogee packs and so far they have not treated me very well. Each pack has a bad cell. It's going to be used with a T6/3D (courtesty of Oilman!!) on a shock flyer. I'd like something around the 600-800mah range. Thanks.
Thats very strange for an Apogee pack....I have around 20 packs and none have shown that kind of behaviour. Get in touch with Henry at www.zebrahobby.ca , he will look after it for you.

Dont give up on the Apogee's, they are one of the best packs out there.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-17-2004, 04:12 AM   #4
rscamp
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Rob C

Re: Best Li-Po batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz-to-tha-Z
As Chad says, this is strange. What is your usage profile?

Rob
rscamp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
li-poly

I have a 2 cell Li Poly (thunder Power) 860mah that doesn't seem to want to charge on either my Hobbico MII or a friends Lipo charger. On the Hobbico it stops charging after a minute (starts beeping indicating full charge) and on the other one it just charges without ever shutting down.
When I hook it up to my E-Flite Ultimate stock motor it starts to sag out within 30 seconds while my little 270mah 7 cell GWS nicad pack runs this motor like stink for over three minutes at full power!

Is this a bad pack (bought new at a very popular hobby shop in Streetsville ) or is this too small for the stock motor? At over 45 bucks i want to return it but what should I use?
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:42 PM   #6
bigguy
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ralph B

Total Props: 3
Hello,
Take that lipo back to Tom.No worries mate!

We had a bad cell on a friends thunderpower(bigger pack) and Tom replaced it no probelms.The same pack now runs his park 370 on his ultimate for a good 20 mins.He always boasts about his 15 min timer going off and he is still flying.Sounds like the battery to me.

Goodluck
bigguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:34 AM   #7
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
Bad cell

Yeah, I think I will send it back for a replacement. 15 minutes is what I am expecting on this size cell. THANKS
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:59 PM   #8
Coolheli
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mark H.

Total Props: 1
Before you take anything back check the voltage on the pack right after the charger shuts down.Some older chargers were set to cut out at just over 11V on a 3cell pack and that's 1.6V shy of a full charge(12.6V).For example,my 1320mAh High discharge Thunder Power G-2 pack (best available at the moment) will show almost 10V with no load applied after full discharge (cut off set to 9V under load) and after just couple of minutes on a charger the pack is in 11V range with maybe couple of hundreds mAh in to it.Than it takes another hour at 1A to fully charge.
After several cycles I'm getting 1250mAh to 1280mAh from that pack using Triton (HobbyHobby got the best price on them now)charger with the latest software update(green dot at the underside of the charger).
Coolheli is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in