AeroWorks Yak 54 Maiden Flight - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
AeroWorks Yak 54 Maiden Flight

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I finally got out to the flying field on Saturday and flew my new Yak 54 for it's first flights ever.

Take off was straight down the center line of the runway with a perfect lift off straight up to circuit height. Couple of clicks of right aileron trim and it was straight and level. What a beautiful flying machine!

First thing was to assure all was in trim then gain some height for the stall test. Throttle to idle, hold it level by increasing up elevator and it was almost completely stopped before it dipped forward in a perfectly wings level stall. Excellent!

Checked the roll rate and found it much too fast at 20 degrees of deflection which I reset after landing to 12 degrees. I did a few circuits at about 1/3 throttle testing out all controls. Almost perfect!

There was some slight cross wind so I corrected my final approach with rudder coming in straight down the runway. The plane almost slowed to a stop before gentley touching down for a three point landing!

Clicked off the switch for the Opto engine kill and the engine immediately quit!

This is honestly one of the best maiden flights I have ever had with any new plane I have flown. Very responsive with the coreless digital servos with absolutely no centering issues. It stops exactly where you want it to. Control was crisp and precise throughout the whole envelope of the speed range. One couldn't ask for a nicer flying airplane. I am absolutely thrilled!

I still need to get quite a few more flights on her to setup the programming for IMAC competition so am looking forward to the upcoming IMAC Primer at the end of the month where I will get some help from the "big boys"!

I'm typing this from a friends computer as mine is in for servicing so I will definitely post a pic or two in a couple of days when I get my puter back.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 10
Re: AeroWorks Yak 54 Maiden Flight

Atta boy Gary!!!...nothing beats a positive maiden like those!!..right on man!! ..but the way you wrote it?....i think the plane and you are unstoppable!! ..look out fellas'..here he comes!!

way to go budz!

mannyh
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Re: AeroWorks Yak 54 Maiden Flight

See you in Ottervile Gary!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in