!!!!!!!! Customer Service !!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
bhughes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: brodie h
Radio of choice:
Graupner mz 24
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 17
Re: !!!!!!!! Customer Service !!!!!!!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I called their customer service a few years ago (I live in Alberta but grew up on p.e.i ) the girl on the phone went to school with me lol. I got good customer service. But if I walk into the Edmonton store and order standoffs for a gas motor I had to wait 3 months. Because they waited till their store order was big enough before they ordered from tower. I got mad after three months and went to the tower website got them in a little over a week. After 3 and a half months I got the call from the store my standoffs were in. Now why wouldn't you just tell me it's quicker to order from tower hobbies lol.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #12
FD av8r
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Daryll F
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 9

I ordered a nose gear leg for a H9 Twin Otter to install on a plans built plane of my own. GH called me 13 months later to say it was in. I had honestly forgotten about it...but went down and picked it up to install. Gladly most things aren't like that but nitro motors, kits and building materials are NOT the priority at local shops any more. I second the notion to at least follow up to store management if things seem just wrong when you are shopping in their stores. At least that gives them the opportunity to educate staff, and perhaps keep you as a customer.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #13
tommy
RCC Contributor

I am: tommy c
Radio of choice:
Hitec
# of RCs: 29+

Total Props: 5

I now ask who I am talking to and write it down, then if I have a problem and the person told the truth I have a name. This started when I ordered 5 rolls of covering of the same color and received two different colors, had started covering before I noticed the mistake. When I called back I was told two people checked the order and it was ok when it left and I said two people were wrong and since when do you need to people to do a parcel unless mistakes are common. From there I got an earful. I guess I should have checked first but bye bye that store and it was many years ago.
tommy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #14
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
DX18Stealth
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 55

[QUOTE They run fine, end result to customer: more polution than advertised
[/QUOTE]

And resale value tanks...
Old 10-04-2015, 08:06 PM   #15
mikedrz
RCC Apprentice

I am: Michael D
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0

I've bought a lot of things from Great hobbies, most went fine. A few times I was disappointed, like when they held my whole order for a week over 5 dollars they "forgot" to charge on my previous order.

Holding my stuff hostage is not cool. That's what happens during hard times, and when a company gets too big.
mikedrz is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in