Anyone try the GWS Tigermoth 400? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
dadzilla
RCC Contributor

I am: Mark Meunier
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 0
Anyone try the GWS Tigermoth 400?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi - have you tried the GWS Tigermoth 400, and if so, how was it?
dadzilla is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:10 AM   #2
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199
Didn't want to fly with NIMH pack. Switched to LIPO 3S 1320mah and it flies fine but no extra power.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
Flypaper
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gord C

Total Props: 8
One of my favorites. Flew one for about a yr and a half before a bum servo caused it to bite the dust. Beefed it up here and there to fix a couple of weak spots. Take a look at a real one and you'll see an extra pair of landing gear struts coming out of the cowl. It needs those or the gear will rip out on a less than perfect landing. Also I put on flying,landing wires made from dental floss. Needs them too if your going to do heavy duty aerobatics. In the middle of building another one with four ailerons as the two are a little lacking. Also moving them all the way in to the fuse. It's sweetheart of a flier. One you don't mind handing off even to a novice flier. Had a Himax 2025 for power and a 2100 batt. Good aerobatics at half throttle. Would take off in about 10 ft.
Flypaper is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
dadzilla
RCC Contributor

I am: Mark Meunier
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 0
Thanks Flypaper,
Good news for me, I have a Himax 2025. No 2100s yet, just some older kokam 1500s. But I want to get some Prolites for the TM 400. This will be my "fly it across the street in the parking lot" airplane. There is a small field and a nice paved parking lot, and I wanted an airplane that could take some wind - so TM 400 might be good. Hey, how is it inverted?
zilla
dadzilla is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:46 AM   #5
Flypaper
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gord C

Total Props: 8
Flies well inverted. takes a bit more down elevator as it's a semisymetrical wing. My TP 2100 batts. are getting a bit tired from old age, but I have some TP 1320s that I think will work even better. They hold they're voltage right to the end better than any batts I've had.
Flypaper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in