Truggy and Buggy suggestions for racing. - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 11-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
S.Bortolotti
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
+1 on the Tamiya

Can't go wrong....great car & team! Abiye, Gareth, Tom and I have always bent over backwards to help others at the track (especially new Tamiya owners), and if your local hobby store doesn't carry the parts, MuchHobby is an Ontario based online store that can get you the part you need likely faster than most local stores can and not to mention cheaper!

www.muchhobby.com
S.Bortolotti is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #12
imported_Tomasb
RCC Contributor

Buggy/Truggy suggestions

++2 On Associated
They are definitely the most durable brand out there & parts are plenty locally.
imported_Tomasb is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
imported_yak54
RCC Contributor

lets not forget Mugen the most durable car out there period!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
endler
The real deal behind the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRG View Post
Well I have looked around. I like both the Hot Bodies truggy and buggy but I'm going with the Losi truggy and buggy. I can get the parts local at both shops and not to far to get parts. Neither hobby shops here in London carry the Hot Bodies line up. They can order them and get parts but don't stock anything for them and they do with Losi. Now I might buy a Hot Bodies for my son to race so we'll see what he'd like. Anymore suggestions would be great. Not getting them till most likely January once new ones come out.

Thanks for the suggestions up to this point.

Rob
Its impossible to stock everything for a shop and even if losi parts that are on the wall you have to consider if they are for the old car or for the new car... there is a difference..The Losi car has been out for quite sometime and parts are everywhere....

Anything HPI or Hotbodies are very easy to order up and readily available.. Honestly I broke a wing mount a ball end and spun a brake disk after a season... You wont break much... I always keep a set of arms knuckles and hubs and HB ones are dirt cheap anyway so its not something unreasonable..

Ive been running the same chassis all season that I bought as a lightly used converted tekno kit and I changed it back to nitro. Quality for the money is way above par and would STILL run my used car into next season untill I get the Hara car... If wear is what others are talking about they all wear out... its inevitable (sp?) lol

Im sure if you ask your local hobby shop they would throw a few parts on the wall for ya.. Worse thing is your sons gonna beat ya LOLOL just playin Just imagine if you could share the same tool box as him how much it would save you if you had the same cars?

Both vehicles will serve you well... Parts wont be an issue with either even if the walls arent stocked with the right ones...

Oh and there was only one HB Car in the top ten at the worlds and only one Losi also.... Hara and Drake

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
imported_Semple
RCC Contributor

Losi has been pretty bomb-proof for me. In addition, parts are abundant and support is unrivaled both locally and world-wide.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #16
bobf24
RCC Expert Contributor

just get what car you like the most, none of them are going to break often, every brand's parts can be bought online easy, or most any LHS can order parts for any car, and most brands have representation at most races so you can get set up help or spare parts,

whenever you ask a question asking what car people recomend, you will get 10 replies from every sponsored driver, and then 15 more from the sponsored drivers buddies saying why the brand they run is the best, but they always say more or less the exact same thing, "its the best car I've ever driven, parts support is top notch, never break anything on it, etc...", bottom line is pretty much every 8th scale on the market is durable, they all run good (even the cheap off brand ones are all based on older Mugens or Kyoshos so they all handle good), so just get what tickles your pickle the most
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #17
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike L

I don't think anyone is rougher with their kits than I am.. Not that I mean to, but my lack of skills and abilities at this time tends to put my kits into some pretty seriously scare looking wrecks ( by myself thank god ) and its held up.. Aside from bending a shock shaft and the odd body mount its held up very well! unlike my previous kits
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #18
imported_ptv83
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by endler View Post
Oh and there was only one HB Car in the top ten at the worlds and only one Losi also.... Hara and Drake
sorry.. yes, you're correct, i ment qualifying.
there was 4 Losi in the top 10
and 6 Losi in the top 13.

cheers, eh
Phil.
imported_ptv83 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #19
Nick411
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
Radiopost
# of RCs: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak54 View Post
+ 1 for the mugen, i had a HUGE crash in my MBX6 that crossed 3 lanes on the track in a practice, the frotn right wheel got hit by an associated (it broke) and the car did 4 in air flips hit the pit lane concrete berrier and drove off with no damage, the associated broke a front arm.

And you can stock up on enough plastic parts to rebuild the car twice for like $100 from A Main Hobbies. Mugen's prices on their plastic parts are extremely cheep for any company.

On temporary leave.....be back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak54 View Post
haha then jordan must crash REALLY hard 8P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in