Making the move to 1/5 scale. - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
imported_RC-SUPERMAN

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclop
Sounds like a plan Nino , Sunday's would be about my only day to get out and fart around these days .. but anyways take care and enjoy
Hey Doug, pm me your phone numbr and ill call you after I get it and we can set something up. Maybe You, Me, Ironside and selwa can get together, and bash.
imported_RC-SUPERMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #12
imported_SELWA
RCC Pro Contributor

Harm is a good company but does not have the same history as FG. The Truck in question is truely more of an on-road/rally and the MCD wheels on it give it more stress on the arms. Harm on has on true off-roader. The BX-1 and it's mostly Aluminum which is why is over $2000.

Those that have had FG's know what they can do and what they can't do. The cost of anything depends on how much you want to or can spend.

Well guys it looks like April the 23rd is the perfect time to meet up them. Wife works too so I can play all day!! I'll contact some more guys to see if they want to meet up as well.

Joe
Old 04-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #13
Wizzle
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Chris M
Radio of choice:
futaba 3pks
# of RCs: 34

if you have driven a few you probably know better than me.i was just turned off by the whole thing.btw,i never took it offroad.i could see btw it looks that it wasnt made for that.i just got bored with it faster than any other r/c i owned.the guy whose got it now loves it.like i said "it wasnt for me".i like something that puts on a good show for me when im driving it.
Wizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #14
imported_SELWA
RCC Pro Contributor

I guess you can say I've kinda had a few of them, 4 versions of the FG and 1 HARM. It's not for everyone that's for sure.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #15
speedygonzales
RCC Expert Contributor

kewl alot of people are getting into it!

cant wait till i get my baja
RAM-TECH REAR LOWER ARMS
RAM-TECH REAR UPPER ARMS
RAM-TECH FRONT SHOCK TOWER
TEAM GO NADS X CAN
TEAM GO NADS REDNECK

rc18t with mamba (blinged?)
speedygonzales is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:56 PM   #16
Flyingblind

They are definitely not for everyone. Some people think that just because they're bigger, they have to faster as well. Don't forget that as the size goes up so does the weight. Also, the stock 23 or 26cc engines don't make much more power than some of the big block nitro engines these days. The average is 3-4 hp although a tweaked engine can easily double that.

Also keep in mind that they aren't really set up to be quite the basher like a Savage is. Although I just did a full speed (40 mph) slide into a curb upside down with my FG Stadium last weekend and all I did was crack a rim. Just ask Selwa, he was there!

I got into 1/5 scale after watching an on-raod race that was held at Seneca College years ago. What got me was the sheer realism that the cars provided. The bodies are very realistic and even the way they drive, you'd be hard pressed at times to think you're not seeing the real thing.

I'm currently on my 2nd on-road and 4th off-road( Selwa has all of my previous three cars) and will always have at least one around.

As for the Firehammer, I don't think you'll go wrong with it. The 1 year parts warranty is anadded bonus as well.

The HPI is going to be unique but it's still an unknown quantity. It's good that they keep delaying it to make sure they get as many problems out of the way before they release it. Otherwise, it'll be dead in the water before it gets a fair chance.
Flyingblind is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:06 AM   #17
imported_SELWA
RCC Pro Contributor

Yup- I was there and couldn't believe it unless I saw it happen!! I also have a cracked rim on one of my Monster tires and it's been like that for over a yeart now. I had those wheels on at the Skydome and they still help up, so they are pretty tough. I've had my first Monster Beetle jump the snow bank at the Brick a few times and it just sored throught the air. I also had it jumping at Clarkson dirt jumps but soon realized that it can't handle the 8 ft jumps!! Seeing my $100 aluminum arms break was horrid!!! But the Dutch company that makes thems sent me a replacement within the week!!

Somtimes guys are lucky. I've seen FG monsters jump at Bayview without any major damage too. Luck has a lot to do with the way you land. You can't control them the same way as nitros through the air. The weight is double that of a nitro truck and almost triple that of a 1/8 buggy.

Speed is not always what you need with these, but gearing is very easy to change on them. The torque is amazing.

The HPI will really help bring the 1/5,1/6 market in North America, especially in Canada. It looks great but until I see one in person and see how it handles NOBODY really knows.

Until then Happy Trails!!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #18
imported_RC-SUPERMAN

Deal is done!!............1/5 is on its way!!!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #19
imported_rcguy
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-SUPERMAN
Deal is done!!............1/5 is on its way!!!
make sure you post pics... (ACTION pics)
Axial SCX10
Hpi baja 5b
Tamiya Mini m03
26cc 70" phantom boat
:IDEA:
imported_rcguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #20
imported_RC-SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy
make sure you post pics... (ACTION pics)
Hey man, your from Barrie and we have never bashed, Thats just not right. I do still have my crawlers, we should get out sometime soon. If you dont have a car I can come pick you up and drop you off. If you want send me your phone number and Ill give you a call in the next couple of weeks and we can get out...Ill bring the 1/5 just in case the crawler breaks down LOL!!!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in