General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #1
stuntbuddie
RCC Contributor

I am: Greg

Total Props: 0
Funtana 40 S warning

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I know a lot of you have this aircraft and this is something you might want to take a look at.

The horizontal stab on the funtana that I had had the support sections notched right into the leading edge within a 1/4 - 1/8 of an inch from the front on both sides. This weakened the stab majorly and on 5th flight the stab broke in the same place and at same angles on both sides causing sever flutter and of course my plane.

I've had the chance to look at a few others ad they are built differently with supports butting up against the edge like it should be.

This is meant to be a 3d plane, meant to handle the stresses of these type of manouvers - I did not even get a chance to do more than a snap roll.

I'm not saying don't buy this plane, i've been impressed with both sizes since they came out. I'm just asking those of you to take a look at your plane and don't have the same thing happen to you.
stuntbuddie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:49 PM   #2
AC/DC-patrice

some one have one at my club the futana .40 with a os 90 four stroke and he did aproximatly 50 flight or more with it and he didn't break some think on it, the guy is a good flyer he do hover and harrier not to low but...

patrice
AC/DC-patrice is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:29 PM   #3
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20
BUT

Just something to be aware of. That's all.

You could probably say this sort of stuff about any ARF. Just be carefull and check 'em out.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #4
wingman2003

i have had my funtana up quite a lot this summer, and have had absolutely no problems with it at all. i know you are just saying to be careful with it and to check it out.....

all i can really say is that i am sorry you lost your plane like that and also that i am happy that mine wasn't constructed like that
wingman2003 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in