Seagull Decathlon 75-91 - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94
Re: Seagull Decathlon 75-91

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy P View Post
Had one and sold it, now goin for the 1/4 scaler so I can actually add smoke and still have a plane that can actually glide a bit if need be. Nice plane don't go to big of engine kills the glide ratio very quickly.
I will be either using a GMS .61 or a TH .75 both I have available and both are great runners with lots of power... either one should be more than enough for this airframe.

I see you had a DLE 20 in yours, so the weight would have been up there but the power would have been nasty.

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #12
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James Parnell
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 31

Total Props: 14

Curt a 3 foot runway and unlimited vertical all day long, then the stress cracks started and the glide honestly would be every foot ahead is a 2-3 foot drop "honestly" a flying brick!!! I tried it for the guy with the smaller engine and wow what a beautiful plane, way way better, your engine choices will work perfectly. Oh I had the tank split on the seem right around the cap base, so I'd just buy a name brand tank for $6.00 and be safe. Enjoy it I sure did.
Jimmy P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
chuebner
Administrator

Radio of choice:
Hitec

Quote:
Curt a 3 foot runway and unlimited vertical all day long, then the stress cracks started and the glide honestly would be every foot ahead is a 2-3 foot drop "honestly" a flying brick!!! I tried it for the guy with the smaller engine and wow what a beautiful plane, way way better, your engine choices will work perfectly. Oh I had the tank split on the seem right around the cap base, so I'd just buy a name brand tank for $6.00 and be safe. Enjoy it I sure did.
Thanks for the info Jimmy..... I had planned on factoring in a differant tank anyway. Last winter I put together the Seagull Yak 90 and tossed the supplied tank with that one away also.

Forum Rules Link

Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #14
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Hey Curtis, how did you make out ? Which model did you buy and build? I have the 1.20 size box open and about to start tightning up the covering and begin the construction. Pm me if you didn't find one, I saw one on sale at a hobby shop last week for $164.95 which is a smokin deal.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
chuebner
Administrator

Radio of choice:
Hitec

Quote:
Hey Curtis, how did you make out ? Which model did you buy and build? I have the 1.20 size box open and about to start tightning up the covering and begin the construction. Pm me if you didn't find one, I saw one on sale at a hobby shop last week for $164.95 which is a smokin deal.
Actually, I have put it on the back burner till next year.....I have been busy doing a kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, computer room reno that all my building time is being sucked up with that.

I still have 3 other plane projects that I want to get done first before I take on another........oh so much vision, so little follow through!! lol

Keep me informed on how the 120 build goes....who knows, maybe I will change my mind next year and go a bit bigger. You have had them both, so you should be able to give an informed decision as to which one you like better.

Forum Rules Link
Old 03-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Hey Curtis , I finally opened the box and started the 1/4 scale project. I flew a fellow modelers 1/4 scale one last summer for him and it flew beautiful. I can honestly say I like the bigger one better. The bigger one is way roomier to get your hands inside as well as it seems to be built stronger for the extra sized engines of which I am using the DLE 20 c.c. to power it. It'll be ready in a few weeks here as I am having to make an order for servo's to finish it off. Gotta wait for payday though lol.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #17
Roger henault
RCC Noob

I am: Roger H
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0

I have the 75 91 Decathlon It flies great I have an OS Max 75 AX and powers the airplane around with no problem at all. All I would recommend is installing a larger tank than what is supplied with the kit. Other than that it went together real fast and looks great at the field and in the air. Enjoy
Roger henault is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #18
Roger henault
RCC Noob

I am: Roger H
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0

I have the 75 91 Decathlon and it flies great I have an OS Max 75 AX and power that aircraft around with no problem at all. I would recommend using a larger tank that supplied

Enjoy
Roger henault is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
fsone
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Norm
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 18+

Total Props: 6

I would go for the Seagull Decathlon. There kits are well built, the hardware .they have isn't the very best. I would use a different tank as well.
Make Safety Priority #1
fsone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:49 PM   #20
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuebner View Post
I had the .40 size with an OS.60FP in it and she flew great. Was very very rudder sensitive on takeoffs and in the air, but a blast to fly. I sold it and replaced it with a Tango, liked the Tango but liked the Decathlon better.
Rudder sensitive can possibly be due to wheel toe in our out. Can also be helped with exponential as rudders on these can be fairly substantial.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in