RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
AaronG
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Liking my Parkzone T-28

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I finally recieved my Parkzone T-28 last week... and flew it yesterday. I must say, for my first RC plane i found this awesome to fly and very stable in flight. The one problem though... i'm already thinking of things i can do to it, flaps and maybe retracts.

I was wondering if anyone has tried that (flaps and retracts) on a Parkzone T-28 yet, and if so, what did it take to do??

Thanks, Aaron
AaronG is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
f4u
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Tom B
Radio of choice:
DX8 TT650
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 2
Smile Re: Liking my Parkzone T-28

I have one too. No retracts Flies great. My son has the Corsair . It flies just as good,but rogs are tricky. Have fun and enjoy it. Tom
Old 04-18-2010, 05:11 AM   #3
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: Liking my Parkzone T-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronG View Post
I finally recieved my Parkzone T-28 last week... and flew it yesterday. I must say, for my first RC plane i found this awesome to fly and very stable in flight. The one problem though... i'm already thinking of things i can do to it, flaps and maybe retracts.

I was wondering if anyone has tried that (flaps and retracts) on a Parkzone T-28 yet, and if so, what did it take to do??

Thanks, Aaron
Hi Aaron. I also have a T-28, and I love it as well. I DID think of adding retracts, but ia havent looked into it yet. The wings should be easy as long as you have strong enough mounting rails. The nose is where you have to be careful, you will need to cut a slot in the nose to fit the retract and I believe that slot will come awfully close (if not into) where the wing is mounted to the fuse. This could be a problem because it may compromise the security of how the wing is held in place.

The other thing is the T-28 flies great the way it is because it is so light. You dont really need flaps in it, and adding retracts will make it heavier, changing its flight performance (that's where the flaps might come in handy)

Since it is your first RC plane, I wouldn't mess with it just yet. You should fly the heck out if it and when you finally get tired of it and get another one, that's when I would suggest you start tinkering with it. Just My Opinion.
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
AaronG
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Hey,

Thanks for the replies! I think your right though Max, you make a good point. For a first plane, that fly's so well all ready, i should realy just leave it alone lol. I might however try retracts on another wing... as a test subject. Theres actually a video floating around youtube with a Trojan T-28 and tri-retracts... looks very cool and well done. Worht a search i think.

thanks again guys
AaronG is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
Wilfor36
RCC Apprentice

I am: Chris E

Total Props: 1

some great videos from a canadian guy here http://www.youtube.com/user/IEATSRT on doing retracts and flaps

Chris
Wilfor36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor36 View Post
some great videos from a canadian guy here http://www.youtube.com/user/IEATSRT on doing retracts and flaps

Chris
Great stuff- I like the retracts the guy is using- they look like the hobby king electric retracts- Now I think I might have to look into them for this plane...Hmmmmmmmm...
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
Wilfor36
RCC Apprentice

I am: Chris E

Total Props: 1

yah i think he buys most his stuff from great Hobbies in Alberta but they look similar to the HK ones . I want to get an extra wing for my corsair and do flaps and retracts one day aswell .

Chris
Wilfor36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in