Engine choice - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
RB B11 is my choice of the 2 you listed.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #12
Nick411
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
Radiopost
# of RCs: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete787 View Post
Thanks, I ran one of those engine a few years back. I am sure they have come along way since then but I just had some bad luck with the one I had, probably was just a fluke. I am thinking I will just go with the Rb. They are a bit pricey but were always good to me. Just wondering if anyone has run the Rb stuff what pipe they ran with it?
I think Jeff from XXXMAIN ran his C6 last year with a JP3 pipe and loved it, he said he could get 10min+ if he tuned in right.

I'm running my Shark 10 with the RB 2045 and 198 header (it came with them.)

On temporary leave.....be back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #13
imported_Pete787
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick411 View Post
I think Jeff from XXXMAIN ran his C6 last year with a JP3 pipe and loved it, he said he could get 10min+ if he tuned in right.

I'm running my Shark 10 with the RB 2045 and 198 header (it came with them.)

How did you like the shark10 or haven,t you run it yet? I think I will order the buggy 11 tomorrow with the 2045 pipe. Some times when posting things you get some bad feedback and I haven't received any for RB engines. I think that all the engines are pretty close, but I am looking for an engine that every one that owned one wasn't disappointed in. Thanks everyone for there input.
imported_Pete787 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Nick411
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
Radiopost
# of RCs: 3

No i haven't run it yet. I just wish the next 10 weeks () goes by very fast so i can start it up at hardcore for the first time , so looking forward to this season!

Thats one reason i went with the RB, i have never heard anything bad about their engines, nor have i ever seen an RB motor be the cause of someone loosing a race or causing them to DNF (Savoya at the worlds doesn't count.)

On temporary leave.....be back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

My RB always ran well. Not one issue.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #16
imported_Jerome
RCC Junior Contributor

RB are really good engines, from the cross 11 (similar to the shark) to the B11 ... It's the reason why RB engines are my choice for 2011.

I ran b11 at CRCRC and the engine was amazing with a lot of power coming really smoothly !!

Moreover there is a new RB USA staff for the aftermarket (in canada too), with savoya.

If you have any questions, let me know
imported_Jerome is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #17
imported_maximus
RCC Junior Contributor

RB's are great engines...however they are no better then the user tuning them...they will flame out and act up just like any other engine out there if they are not setup correctly....As a rule RB's can be very particular to tune/setup, so just because its labeled RB does not ensure you trouble free operation......But if your a skilled tuner they can be fantastic engines.....I have quite a few mod RB C6 engines running around, and they are quite excellent very good runtime and almost as fast as my modified Werk's....my favorite version being the limited run RB C6 USA.......,
imported_maximus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #18
imported_Pete787
RCC Apprentice

Thanks for the input. When I was running nitro a couple years back my last two engines were the Rb C5 and a Ws7 CEO Mod engines and I acually found them quite easy to tune and never flamed out. That is one of the main resons I went again with RB. I had plenty of different brand engines and rb just gave me the most trouble free operation. I am sure all the engines now are probably excellent engines.
imported_Pete787 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #19
tefflawn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Smile check here also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete787 View Post
Which engine would be the best? An Rb buggy 10 .21 or Axe rossi cobra x2 evolution? It has been awhile since I ran nitro but these two have always been good manufactures when I was.
how are u.you can check here as well.located in canada,here's the link..
http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/
Old 02-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #20
imported_maximus
RCC Junior Contributor

Well the RB C6 is one of my all time favorites..I am also a RB dealer ! so I can't fault anyone for buying a RB !

here is a dyno of my modified C6

imported_maximus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in