Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 08-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Burtonboy
RCC Noob

I am: Daniel M
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0
E REVO Question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi im just wondering if there E REVO brushless edition is a good car for its money or is there a better car for around the same price

Thanks

Daniel
Burtonboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
thuebner
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Travis H

Total Props: 13
Re: E REVO Question

The E-revo is a fairly robust car. The brushless motor puts out an insane amount of power. Enough to twist drive shafts and chew up your diffs. It is capable of running 6s lipos but proceed with caution. Ham fisted drivers tend to break the drivline a lot when running 6s.
The Castle Creation ESC is programable, so you can tone down the throtle so as to not allow so much punch from a dead stop. Those standing backflips look cool but your drive line will pay the price. If you stay with 4s lipo your car will still be plenty fast but the driveline and electronics will thank you with hardly any down time for repairs.
I bought my ERBE used and have plenty of run time on it. I did have to replace the ESC though. I was running it fairly hard on a very hot day and did not realise theat the ESC cooling fan was not working. The ESC overheated and melted down in spectacular fashion. I visit the Traxxas site almost daily and have found that if the truck is causing problems it's mostly due to 6s batteries and operaters who don't know how to respect the power they deliver.
From what I've read about comparable monster trucks such as the E-Maxx or Savage Flux, The Revo is much more durable than the E-maxx and slightly better than the Flux but is much better handling than either of the others.
Is it worth the $800+ for car and batteries? Not in my opinion. I waited until I found one lightly used for half of new price.
There have been several brushed E-revos for sale on these forums, at a pretty darn good price. You could pick up a used brushed E-revo for a couple hundred bucks, install a HobbyWing brushless set up for under $200 and have a great handling car without draining the bank account.
Go to the Traxxas site and scroll down to the ERBE section, there you will find answers to any questions you will have.

Travis
Old 08-21-2011, 02:16 AM   #3
Burtonboy
RCC Noob

I am: Daniel M
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0

Thanks Travis!

So I was looking on the Internet and came across the mini E REVO and now not sure if it is better to go bigger and what would the pro's and con's be for going bigger/smaller. Are the 1/8 to big? What do most people end up getting.

Thanks

Daniel

Last edited by Burtonboy; 08-21-2011 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Burtonboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
thuebner
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Travis H

Total Props: 13

I dont own the 1/16 Revo or Summit and don't really want one. They are just so darn small in comparison, but some people say they are the best thing since sliced bread. From what I've seen and read they are very quick and quite durable. I have driven one of the little 1/16th scale VXL Summits and didn't really care for it. It was really quick and did wheelies like crazy, but every time I turned it was on it's roof or barrel rolling in the grass. I was tired of it in two minutes flat, but it basically comes down to personal choice.
Advantages for the 1/16 scale would be that they are far less expensive and you only need to run one battery.

Last edited by thuebner; 08-21-2011 at 10:09 PM.
thuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in