Looking for Scale R/C Modeler Dec. 1985 (FOUND) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
RCC Plans Exchange This is a place for RCC members to exchange plans that they own (they have drawn). Please note that commercial plans will not be allowed. If you do not have the rights to post the plans, do not post them.
Plans should be updated in DXF format or zipped to decrease the size.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
Ken Robinson
RCC Noob

I am: Ken R

Total Props: 0
Looking for Scale R/C Modeler Dec. 1985 (FOUND)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am looking for an article published in the Dec. 1985 issue of Scale R/C Modeler. The article is about the DeHavilland Buffalo. Anyone have or knowing where I can obtain it please let me know. Does anyone know anything about the plan that the model is build from. It is listed for sale on the scalercmodels.com website.

Last edited by Ken Robinson; 09-02-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Ken Robinson is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
amscat
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Andy S
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 1
Re: Looking for Scale R/C Modeler Dec. 1985

Ken - The Dec '85 SR/CM features a scratchbuilt DHC-4 Caribou in U.S. Army colours (no Buffalo in that issue)

The plans were drawn up by the author (Frank J Smith) and inked by Mike Beaulieu of M.C. Beaulieu Plans Service. Address in those days was 84 University Street, Presque Isle, Maine 04769.

This was a 1/12 scale model, 96" wingspan and powered by two .60's. The write-up is your standard mid-'80's construction article - fair amount of detail.

O.M.F.C., MAAC 23235, WACO Brotherhood 155
amscat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Ken Robinson
RCC Noob

Whoops, got my 4s and 5s mixed. A Caribou would be a great build as well. Do you know where I could find the article? Have you seen or built from the plans? Do the plans show scale control surfaces and hinging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amscat View Post
Ken - The Dec '85 SR/CM features a scratchbuilt DHC-4 Caribou in U.S. Army colours (no Buffalo in that issue)

The plans were drawn up by the author (Frank J Smith) and inked by Mike Beaulieu of M.C. Beaulieu Plans Service. Address in those days was 84 University Street, Presque Isle, Maine 04769.

This was a 1/12 scale model, 96" wingspan and powered by two .60's. The write-up is your standard mid-'80's construction article - fair amount of detail.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
amscat
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Andy S
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 1

Ken - If you pm me your email address, I can scan the Caribou construction article and send it to you. However, unless you have the plans, it wouldn't be much good to you - there are no diagrams, sketches etc. Given that this thing came out in the early to mid '80's, I doubt that the control surfaces and hinges are true scale

O.M.F.C., MAAC 23235, WACO Brotherhood 155
amscat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Ken Robinson
RCC Noob

Amscat

Thanks a bunch for scanning and sending me the magazine article. Now I can have a good look at the plan layout before sending off my $35.00 for the set.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in