Size .46 OS Engine HELP!!! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Old 09-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #11
B-2
RCC Contributor

I am: Jacob
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 21

Total Props: 2
Wink Re: Size .46 OS Engine HELP!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Yes, that sounds like the high speed needle you broke. You will need to replace it.

From what you described your broke your NEEDLE and part of the needle is still stuck inside the NEEDLE JET. These are the 2 parts you need to replace unless you can find a way to unscrew the broken part of the needle from the needle jet, in which case all you would need to replace is just the needle.

Ways to get a replacement:
  1. Take your motor to your local hobby shop. [an RC SHOP, not a toy store] and they will either have the part in stock or they will order it for you.
  2. I could give you the part numbers and you can order it from Great Hobbies or Hobby Wholesale BUT, you need to tell me what type of needle valving you have on your engine
    ** IS the needle valve attached to the carburetor between the cylinder and the prop? OR
    ** IS the needle valve located behind the motor with a piece of fuel line going to the carburetor?

Also, if you give me the exact model number (stamped on the side of the engine) it will help a lot as well.
ALSO- like others have mentioned, Pictures would be helpful
Ok here are the pictures: see attached

Hope these help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_00001.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	86557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_00002.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	86558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_00003.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	86559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_00004.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	86560  

B-2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: Size .46 OS Engine HELP!!!

You need this assembly:

You can get it from Great Hobbies:

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti..._id=OS44281900

But I see it is out of stock at GH.

It is also available at tower Hobbies

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=OSMG7271&P=7

If you like I can call my LHS, who is very good at stocking parts for OS engines to see if they have it in stock. You could probably get them to mail it too you, it would probably be cheaper than what GP charges for shipping.
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #13
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: Size .46 OS Engine HELP!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention- you said part of the broken needle was still stuck inside the needle valve holder, that is why I gave you the part number for the entire assembly.

The above part also comes as 2 separate pieces.
This piece:
"Needle Valve Holder Assembly"

And this piece.
"Needle Assembly"

So if you can extract the broken needle from the needle valve assembly, then you only need to order a new needle, which is half the price of the complete assembly I mentioned in the first post.

The complete list of all the parts I mentioned in the above post and this one is:
  • 27381940 Needle Valve Holder Assembly
  • 22681980 Needle Assembly or 44281970 Needle Assembly
  • 44281900 Needle-valve Assembly[complete]

Just go to Great Hobbies and cut and paste the part numbers in the little search window they have on the top left hand side of their website to see the parts I mentioned.
You can also search those same numbers on other websites to see if they have them in stock.
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in