126" Carden Extra 300 - BBT - Build Thread - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #21
wingburner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Jack D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 19
Re: 43% Carden Extra 300 - BBT - Build Thread

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ConGrats Jack!
The only consern i have is getting you to maiden it on Southern Soil? Maybe...Just...Maybe if i ask Wasdoll real nice he'll let me?

mannyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasadoll View Post
all joking aside the anser is still.....................................over...M Y...DEAD...BODY

You tell him wasa
wingburner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #22
wasadoll
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Ok...Mannhy, ive had time to settle down a little ...it might have been the meds,..so i think a kind invitation to come back to GP when Jack maidens his plane "here" would appropriate....................................... ...... That way you can run the video camera and i can watch the maiden live.lol
wasadoll is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #23
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
18MZ
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 60

Jack!!!

Looks like you and I will both be flying 43%ers this spring!!! My amazing, sweet wife let the cat out of the bag today that she pre-ordered me a 43% Edge 540 that will be released next month by Carden. My new kit should arrive early December and I am kit#14 of 15 from their first production run!!!

Now I just need to perfect that "hypnosis over the phone", have Admin erase this thread and convince you that the DA charge on your credit card is a fluke so I can keep your DA200!!

PS... your 200 arrived at my dropbox in the US, so I'm off to get it tomorrow PM!!! I'll post some pictures tomorrow night!!

Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #24
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasadoll View Post
Ok...Mannhy, ive had time to settle down a little ...it might have been the meds,..so i think a kind invitation to come back to GP when Jack maidens his plane "here" would appropriate....................................... ...... That way you can run the video camera and i can watch the maiden live.lol
Wade,

The meds hey?...I heard about the hand..you've been busy,guess your gonna have to learn to use the other now! As far a the video taping..i'll keep you doing what you do best... and leave the flying to me and Jack! No matter where this maiden is i'll be there! Would miss it for nuffin'!

Trev,

I'll suspect you'll hold this motor at night like the boy's in the white gloves hold the lord staney cup?...LOL!

Pictures...pictures...Can't wait!

mannyh

FUTABA 14MZ
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #25
wingburner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Jack D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrum View Post
Jack!!!

Looks like you and I will both be flying 43%ers this spring!!! My amazing, sweet wife let the cat out of the bag today that she pre-ordered me a 43% Edge 540 that will be released next month by Carden. My new kit should arrive early December and I am kit#14 of 15 from their first production run!!!

Now I just need to perfect that "hypnosis over the phone", have Admin erase this thread and convince you that the DA charge on your credit card is a fluke so I can keep your DA200!!

PS... your 200 arrived at my dropbox in the US, so I'm off to get it tomorrow PM!!! I'll post some pictures tomorrow night!!
Wow Trevor, a 43% Edge..That's extremely exciting..I didn't realise that they only did 15 kits per run..You have a good woman

I'll pre-warn DA tomorrow bout your devilish shenanigans ...Perhaps when yours is ordered it'll somehow make it to the west and I'll have two to caress

I won't sleep till I see them pics tomorrow Trevor

Jack
wingburner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #26
Guglielmo
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Guglielmo T.

Hi Trevor ,

Congrats I am really happy for you ,I know you had your heart set on this one !
You gotta call me for the maiden ,would love to see that Big Boy in the Air.

DO IT!

Guglielmo
Guglielmo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #27
stevedionne
RCC Junior Contributor

Hi Trev,

It's will be nice to follow your construction...I also have a 43% how suppose to arrive in the next days or so...

Steve
Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #28
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
18MZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedionne View Post
Hi Trev,

It's will be nice to follow your construction...I also have a 43% how suppose to arrive in the next days or so...

Steve

Steve... which 43% do you have coming soon? After looking at your 43% Extra 300 at St. Liguori IMAC this past spring, I am really excited to get started on Jack`s.

I believe you said your`s came in at 38lbs with DA170 and RE3 pipes, so I`m hoping with a bit of the usual lightening tricks, we can get this one in at 40lbs with a DA200 on standard mufflers.

As-tu des suggestions que tu as appris durant votre premiere construction que tu pourras partager avec nous? (des choses tu feras différement cette fois!)

Salut

Trev
Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #29
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
18MZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guglielmo View Post
Hi Trevor ,

Congrats I am really happy for you ,I know you had your heart set on this one !
You gotta call me for the maiden ,would love to see that Big Boy in the Air.

DO IT!

Guglielmo
Thanks!! We`ll do the maiden together for sure! This is the reason no indoor for me this year, since I`ll will have (3) large Carden`s on the go!!

See you soon at the club and thanks for all your advice!!!

Cheers

Trev
Old 10-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #30
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrum View Post
Steve... which 43% do you have coming soon? After looking at your 43% Extra 300 at St. Liguori IMAC this past spring, I am really excited to get started on Jack`s.

I believe you said your`s came in at 38lbs with DA170 and RE3 pipes, so I`m hoping with a bit of the usual lightening tricks, we can get this one in at 40lbs with a DA200 on standard mufflers.

As-tu des suggestions que tu as appris durant votre premiere construction que tu pourras partager avec nous? (des choses tu feras différement cette fois!)

Salut

Trev
I don't know how you'd get that monster under 40 pounds but Steve is obviously well versed in Carden construction! I was going to get the Crden Extra 330 mid wing version but decided to hold off one more year. Instead I am building some new wings for my 43% J-Tech extra 300XS and incorporating some of the mods you use on your Edge. I was wondering about ordering balsa sheet...is Trillium any good? I have a Graphtech CF wing tube and phenolic coming and will be using CF tow and lightening mods to bring my baby down somewhat in weight, but honestly it flies great right now with the DA 150 on MTW 110 cans. Can't wait for next years Advanced.

Lee
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.