ROAR's - 550 4X4 Short Course Motor Specifications - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Martyr
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
OK, so now that this thread is not relating to RCPro, I have to make the comment about ROAR and say "THANK YOU" to ROAR for recognizing that this is the way that 90% of the 4x4 SC racers are going....

Also, not mentioned above, but if you check their motor approvals list, they have also approved Castle's 1410 4pole 540 (part number 060-0021-00). This is good news, as many people are seeing the benefits of 4 pole design and Tekin will be releasing a sensored 4 pole later this year.
Martyr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
Nate T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
OK, so now that this thread is not relating to RCPro, I have to make the comment about ROAR and say "THANK YOU" to ROAR for recognizing that this is the way that 90% of the 4x4 SC racers are going....

Also, not mentioned above, but if you check their motor approvals list, they have also approved Castle's 1410 4pole 540 (part number 060-0021-00). This is good news, as many people are seeing the benefits of 4 pole design and Tekin will be releasing a sensored 4 pole later this year.
The nice thing about racing here is that it does not matter what ROAR says or approves as we do not run sanctioned races.
So ROAR being 2 years behind the times does not hurt us.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #13
Martyr
RCC Apprentice

My biggest thing about bein "ROAR" compliant is that if you can meet ROAR rules, you will be able to meet almost any track's local rules without making any changes. I travel some, and like to bring at least one of my race vehicles when I do...and aside from SORRCC's "Brushed motors only" rule in the stock 2wd class, I can race my "ROAR Legal" trucks anywhere I have been without spending any extra money....

Old 07-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
Malocchio

Run em 4 wide, or 12 wide. If anything it should be the latter hence the "landrush start".
Old 07-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #15
Nick411
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
Radiopost
# of RCs: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malocchio View Post
Run em 4 wide, or 12 wide. If anything it should be the latter hence the "landrush start".
So qualifying is a useless waste of time then?

On temporary leave.....be back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #16
Martyr
RCC Apprentice

No matter how you start them, corner 1 is always a demolition derby in SC racing.... even if you start them staggered with 10 feet in between each starting point....
Old 07-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
Malocchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick411 View Post
So qualifying is a useless waste of time then?
qualifying is nothing more than glorified practice anyways.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
slick300
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
Yup, definately agree. I honestly believe RCPS has FUN in mind, and being possibly a slightly smaller organization than ROAR, they don't get too wrapped up in the politics and can react to changes in technology and racing classes easier and more quickly.

Racing needs rules, and police, to keep things fair... but we don't need babysitters...

well said my man...well said

Sponsors:
Gastons Auto Sales
slick300 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
Martyr
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malocchio View Post
qualifying is nothing more than glorified practice anyways.
I don't entirely agree with this, however our club races are started with the standard huge stagger (10 trucks, 2 lanes, 10 feet between each truck) and we still end up with a demolition derby in the first corner. Last race, I started 6th in the main and was in 2nd after the 1st corner because I kept the rubber on the road. Though that being said, the guy who TQ'd was plenty far ahead because the first contact was behind him....
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #20
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re starting procedure

not sure why theres even a debate about how the sc trucks are lined up for the start of the mains.

pileups in the first corner of the track at the start of a main occurs in all classes quite frequently even with them being spaced 10-12 feet apart anyways.

lets face it guys its not the way the trucks are lined up that causes carnage and pileups. its driver error that causes it. the skilled drivers seem to avoid the pileups .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in