Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #101
crhammond
RCC Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Chris H

Total Props: 1
Re: Request For Action

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien View Post
If there were pattern contests around here I be back in a heartbeat. Pattern is much more challenging and not nearly as expensive. I once had a friend compare Pattern to IMAC as Ballet is to Riverdance.

I'm not sure IMAC will survive in the long term because of there reluctance to deal with the noise issue in a concrete manner. One guy suggested in a previous post that discussion and more studies would solve the problem. Hmmmmm sounds like politicians when they don't want to make a decision.
Mike, I never met you before you left Edmonton (I wasn't even an RC pilot yet) but I fly with your old club CCF (and MMF and ERCS and LARCS.) I know Dave M and he does some Riverdance with us from time to time - in fact he did more of that than Pattern last year People still talk about you here and how good a pilot you were/are.

Yes it would be nice to see as much Pattern as IMAC then we could have double the fun. Chad has also been helping us with general aerobatics and IMAC. I hope he comes out to fly IMAC this summer with his Sebart Sukhoi electric.

I fly Pattern and IMAC. Yes Pattern is quiet. But so is my DA150 on cans and a 3 blade - especially with throttle management. Not like a soft mounted YS170 but still no where near as loud as an OS160 on a std muffler or a pipe.

The noise issue requires work no doubt. It also requires judges and CD's who are willing to deal with not letting noisy planes fly which is a hard thing to do.

Two different styles but both fun. Cost for a 2M plane is the same as a 35% IMAC plane. 40% is more for sure... neither are cheap thats the truth! And I spent a LOT on 30% pattern fuel last year... IMAC is cheaper to run if you factor that in.

Different strokes. Pattern is definately a challenge and also very good for your IMAC flying. Remember Pattern has been around a lot longer than IMAC.

The IMAC BOD is serious about noise and footprint. They are working hard and taking the issue seriously IMO.

Any competition is good fun. This is just a hobby... I never could figure out why Pattern guys don't like IMAC and vice-versa. I think they are both awesome (and scale, jets, float flying... I mean what isn't cool about our hobby??? (other than how expensive it is))

Last edited by crhammond; 04-16-2009 at 05:32 PM.
crhammond is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #102
Dave Dietrich
RCC Contributor

I am: Dave Dietrich

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien View Post
Whoops sorry.

I flew about a dozen IMAC contests and organized a couple here in the Maritimes from 1993 to 1997. That was before Ontario could even spell IMAC. I moved to Alberta and competed in Masters pattern while living there also ran a couple of Rookie IMAC events while there. 2003 moved back to Maritimes and competed in Advance IMAC 1 in Ont and 3 in Quebec. I was a member of the SA committee for a couple of years. Last year ran a contest here in the Maritimes and will be doing 2 more this year. I do know how to spell IMAC. My IMAC #4144

I have also done some Pylon racing, some scale stuff and I have my LSF level 1

What does "positive" mean. If it means trying to be flying field friendly and start getting some of these pilots and CD's to start obeying and enforcing rules then I'm very positive person. I want IMAC to continue in Canada but in way that won't jeopardize our flying fields

What is your definition of "postive"?

See you at the Nats

Mike S.

Maybe it’s just me but I have a hard time believing you want to promote IMAC flying.

If you think comments like these are POSITIVE towards IMAC…

[Go buy a Pattern airplane and you might start having fun again.]

[If there were pattern contests around here I be back in a heartbeat. Pattern is much more challenging and not nearly as expensive. I once had a friend compare Pattern to IMAC as Ballet is to Riverdance.
I'm not sure IMAC will survive in the long term because of there reluctance to deal with the noise issue in a concrete manner. One guy suggested in a previous post that discussion and more studies would solve the problem. Hmmmmm sounds like politicians when they don't want to make a decision.]

[You know as well as I do the current SA committee will not support any rule change especially separating SA from IMAC. There is to much concern out there that if we do change are rules to suite Canadian needs the Yanks won't come to our contests. I wonder how many Americans really care if we are losing fields because of IMAC rules. We all know the IMAC affiliate program doesn't work and there isn't any desire on the IMAC Board to make it work. Because of our reluctance to strike out on our own we may see a decline in IMAC in the future.]

[I prefer Precision Aerobatics in all respects.]

[Maybe it's time for us Canadians to develop our own version of Scale Aerobatics that is reactive to Canadian problems and issues.]

Gee there is a surprise!!!!!

What now guys]

[There has always been a feeling that IMAC does not consider Canadians and in fact the rest of the world. They created the Affiliate program to deal with us but that has gone no where. WE have some unique issues and problems in Canada that should be solved by Canadians and not relying on Americans. In fact IMAC won't even include us in there regions and we are the next door neighbors!!!!

SA (Scale aerobatics) must take some leadership with this issue and start being proactive rather then reactive.

The world will not end if Scale Aerobatics in Canada went down a different path then IMAC. Maybe you would see IMAC and other countries actually follow our lead.]

As Larry the cable guy says I could do this all Day. I have yet to read something from you that was positive towards IMAC. All I hear from you is contempt towards IMAC and IMAC flyers. Did an IMAC pilot bud in front of you at the checkout in the Beer store?
Dave Dietrich is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #103
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dietrich View Post
Mike S.

Maybe it’s just me but I have a hard time believing you want to promote IMAC flying.

If you think comments like these are POSITIVE towards IMAC…

[Go buy a Pattern airplane and you might start having fun again.]

[If there were pattern contests around here I be back in a heartbeat. Pattern is much more challenging and not nearly as expensive. I once had a friend compare Pattern to IMAC as Ballet is to Riverdance.
I'm not sure IMAC will survive in the long term because of there reluctance to deal with the noise issue in a concrete manner. One guy suggested in a previous post that discussion and more studies would solve the problem. Hmmmmm sounds like politicians when they don't want to make a decision.]

[You know as well as I do the current SA committee will not support any rule change especially separating SA from IMAC. There is to much concern out there that if we do change are rules to suite Canadian needs the Yanks won't come to our contests. I wonder how many Americans really care if we are losing fields because of IMAC rules. We all know the IMAC affiliate program doesn't work and there isn't any desire on the IMAC Board to make it work. Because of our reluctance to strike out on our own we may see a decline in IMAC in the future.]

[I prefer Precision Aerobatics in all respects.]

[Maybe it's time for us Canadians to develop our own version of Scale Aerobatics that is reactive to Canadian problems and issues.]

Gee there is a surprise!!!!!

What now guys]

[There has always been a feeling that IMAC does not consider Canadians and in fact the rest of the world. They created the Affiliate program to deal with us but that has gone no where. WE have some unique issues and problems in Canada that should be solved by Canadians and not relying on Americans. In fact IMAC won't even include us in there regions and we are the next door neighbors!!!!

SA (Scale aerobatics) must take some leadership with this issue and start being proactive rather then reactive.

The world will not end if Scale Aerobatics in Canada went down a different path then IMAC. Maybe you would see IMAC and other countries actually follow our lead.]

As Larry the cable guy says I could do this all Day. I have yet to read something from you that was positive towards IMAC. All I hear from you is contempt towards IMAC and IMAC flyers. Did an IMAC pilot bud in front of you at the checkout in the Beer store?
Wow, you have done your research. I guess somebody is listening to me.
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #104
Dave Dietrich
RCC Contributor

I am: Dave Dietrich

This is a waste of time

Last edited by Dave Dietrich; 04-18-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Dave Dietrich is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #105
craigk
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
Spectrum NX10
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dietrich View Post
This is a waste of time
sometimes it's better to have a beer on the deck than jump in the pool
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #106
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk View Post
sometimes it's better to have a beer on the deck than jump in the pool
Not only ONE, I hope..
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #107
Gsxr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike M

Multiple beers, then hopefully you don't fall off the deck.
DLE Engines
Gsxr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #108
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxr View Post
If you have enough beers, you won't care if you fall off the deck

LP
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #109
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4

Jimmy Buffets Banda Banna Margaritas worked for me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxr View Post
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in