Racing Classes - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
RagE
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Racing Classes

What classes are we planning to run regarding motors and batteries?
I run stock now , anyone else? I'm planning to buy some motors for my B4...
RagE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

It looks like right now we will be splitting up 2WD and 4WD into separate classes - and maybe truggies in a 3rd class, depending on how many we have.

As for motors, it's very 'open-class' right now, but with the new layout (will be on the new track with full dirt, hopefully next weekend), a stock motor will surely have an advantage in the infield technical areas, but may lag on the straights. Maybe a happy medium would be a 15T - 19T. We have seen proof that the faster cars do not always win.

Until we start having massive turnouts at races, there are no intentions of running two classes being stock vs. modified. So go crazy!
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

I will have my brushless 1/8 truggy ready to go in july and i need to buy a part for my brushless mini zilla..we should run stock 1/18 class and open 1/18...as for truggy's it should be open i think
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
paulicat
RCC Junior Contributor

I for one liked the variety in vehicles and speeds...made it very interesting.
paulicat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
samboneecanada
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Sean H

about the classes

I'm hoping to get the following in order.

Typical 2wd and 4wd class in mod and 19t. for the 1/10th scales - Also I am going to try and get a 540 silver can stock race (i.e. like the one that comes stock with many tamiya cars). That's where the greatest competiton will be.

I have attached the proposed layout for the stock class; the 'blacked-out' area shows the temporary modification, if we were running a slower class, so no one is burning out on too much straighaway (the track could feel VERY LONG running a slower motor with all those straights)

With the 1/18 there will be a mod and stock class. the stock motor will have to be the same for everyone. Sid's raceway will have to have many on hand. for those who drive the mini inferno and vendetta, they'll have to get the adaptor from rcmart.com that allows the smaller 280/370/300 size motors to their cars.

Suggestions always encouraged and not necessarily followed.

ciao
samboneecanada is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
crUshed420
RCC Contributor

good idea, although i'm not sure how popular "stock tamiya can" racing will be.

I don't think ANY of those that have been at the track so far would be satisfied with turtle-speed racing :P
crUshed420 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #7
Wizard
RCC Pro Contributor

i think u should leave some of the grass i looked like a really fast part of the track then it could be called an RC Cross racing
Portable Nazcar Track(is here)+ 15 BRP cars
Oshawazees.com

WWW.BRPRACING.COM

OZRACING

D.R.C.R.C
Wizard is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in