role call and track design - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #31
bwheeler
RCC Contributor

I am: ben w

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Keep the whoops section but don't put a face or a lip on the first one. Basicly, don't make it so u can jump them like last year, that's basicly turning them into a rythem section, which last year obviously was a bit of a pain for marshals as no one could do it every lap cleanly, not even Chad.

PVC pipe just makes it a washboard which might be more consistent, but its not really a challenge to go through. The whole idea of whoops in my opinion is to make it a spot on the track that slows everyone down and as the weekend goes on and they start getting pretty beat up, makes line choice key. The first and second year layouts i thought were pretty good with the straight in front of the drivers stand.

Obviously you can't make it 100 percent supercross-like thats crazy technical and huge, because 10th scale electrics have to be able to do the track also. But anyone who has ever been to Ken's old track (Bellevegas) like 3 or 4 years ago, remember's how technical that was for the amount of space that he had to work with. It was awesome, and ya it still had flow to it.

I am in for a more technical track, somewhere along the lines of the first or second year layouts even, which I thought were really good. btw, I agree with Gump on the banked corners, make a bank that you actually use, not a bank thats 5 feet past the corner.
bwheeler is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #32
imported_georgestilly
RCC Junior Contributor

Track

Ben exactly what i was thinking really liked the first and second years design. Straight in front of the drivers stand is easier for everyone to see, especially late Saturday night qualifying after a few. Matt i should also be there Thursday afternoon to lend a hand for track build.

George s
imported_georgestilly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #33
KingCamber
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek P

I think there should be a straight away that stretchs the entire length of the track, followed by a banked turn that goes around one full end that is nice and wide. This will make for some great high speed racing down the straight and into the turn. Then make the the rest of the track a nice mix of jumps and technical sections.

I would love to see a giant dirt burm at the end of the straight. Kind of like the daytona road course. If you cant picture it.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #34
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

Technical, I like Bens ideas. I forget the lap times last year but I think they were pretty quick laps, maybe too quick ?

Looking forward to whatever happens ! Always a good race track !
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #35
daryldenny
O'Donnell Racing Team Driver

I am: Daryl Denny

I enjoyed the 1st and 2nd track layout more than last years. I enjoyed the bowl more so. It's always a blast no mater the layout. I wish I could be down there Thursday to help out but the best I can do is early Friday morning like last year.
daryldenny is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #36
NS
RCC Contributor

I am: Nathan Stewart

Whoops section:
Motorama had logs or fence posts as whoops a couple of years ago.

They were laid around corners like wagon wheel spokes...and were great for a consistent (Technical) section.

Somone mentioned option lines...

The inside line of the wagon wheel corner had a closer spacing of whoops, which required a single approach, and the ouside line had wider spacing that you could double - double - double with the right speed.

Step Up's
Step ups are good - as a Marshall can see what cars are approaching from the top of the tranny.

Step ups also reduce the landing speed of the feature as they have to kick the car up. This equates to longer lap times, and if located in the right place on a track, they can be used to scrub forward speed before a tight corner.

Have fun kids !
SPEKTRUM
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #37
duratraxD
RCC Contributor

I am: Dalton Oliver

Im not one to express to many thoughts on this stuff lol, but would something like this be good?? seems to have some ideas you have been talking about.. I will also be there thursday to help out!!
duratraxD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #38
endler
The real deal behind the wheel

Im in whatever way you want it is good to me... im not picky Ill be there Thursday for the build and if you need operators put me down to work... not play

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #39
imported_Semple
RCC Contributor

High speed banked sweeper.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #40
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

HEY MATT! Am i banned from using the roller this year, after my front flip incident last year, that almost killed Endler and knocked me out cold??? LMAO...

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in