What's your MAAC Zone Director's Agenda - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Ken K.
Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 251
What's your MAAC Zone Director's Agenda

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
A good post by Wilf at https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/show...190583&page=11 which I've quoted a part of and the recent actions by Rod Dodd and Clair Murray got me thinking as to what are the Zone Director's agendas and their priorities? Is it to be MAAC president, the FAI rep, the dream of a MAAC museum, the dream of a MAAC flying centre, hosting a FAI World Championship, to be large and in charge. Does he even fly R/C regularly, is he the new guard or the old guard?

The joy of flying RC airplanes in Canada is held together by a thin thread which Transport Canada (airspace), Communications Canada (frequencies) and the loss of the MAAC insurance can cut that thin thread in an instant, poof and we'll be outlaws flying in a vacant lot.

Perhaps those of you that know of or fly with Ron Dodd and Claire Murray can post here and share with us what these guys are hoping to accomplish with their actions, is it "I'm so pissed off so no one gets to fly".

I find the zone director for Manitoba, Peter S. a straight shooter, we've shared a few conversations on MAAC and more on airplanes, I'm pretty sure his actions as our Zone rep are to keep us flying!

THE MAAC agm is a couple of months down the road, communicate to your zone rep what your priorities are for MAAC and ask him what his are? Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilf View Post
I have been involved as a board member and president of several non profit organizations large and small.
I think most of the people involved where good people and hard working. I find that anyone who sits in these positions has a agenda they like to promote and have there view on how things need to be run including me.
I know I have had some hard core battles......................
Wilf
cf100 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
FastnLow
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Stacy Conacher

Total Props: 8
Re: What's your MAAC Zone Director's Agenda

People are tired of you and your sh!t threads. I suggest you get a tx in your hand and remember what the sport/hobby is about.
Get a life
FastnLow is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
ronnieo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Thumbs up Re: What's your MAAC Zone Director's Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastnLow View Post
People are tired of you and your sh!t threads. I suggest you get a tx in your hand and remember what the sport/hobby is about.
Get a life
good one...maybe wondering what the poster's agenda is? Anti-MAAC? Long history here with KK's antics.LOL.
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 1,395

Little Extreme Boyz.....

Nothing in the post that most would disagree with.

Why so Venom .

I suspect KK has a Tx or a stick of balsa in his hand more than most.... has done the MAAC board nonsense........ has been directly responsible for "encouraging" the last 3 ZD's in our zone.

At least he is aiming at actual issues............... While you dudes are on personal attack mode. (forgot to say he couldn't read good, either)

...... never saw him post anything against you'all to bring that on?

Perhaps you dudes need to look in the mirror before firing darts. Are you aware it is not a requirement to read any particular thread from any particular poster?

Cheers and Happy New Year.
Sharpy01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
fsone
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Norm
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 18+

Total Props: 6

Here we go again!
Make Safety Priority #1
fsone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
canadianf1pilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill Brisson
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 6

What's your MAAC Zone Director's Agenda??

TO TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD! HAHAHAHAAHA
canadianf1pilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Ken K.
Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 251

Just trying to confirm info from out west that the Sask ZD is one of the special investigators appointed by the recently resigned president into recent MAAC allegations of mismanagement and the special investigators report has been completed, any Saskatchewan members hearing the same.
cf100 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
Good Grief

Total Props: 0

Last time I spoke to Heinz I got the impression he was under a gag order.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #9
Applehoney
RCC Contributor

I am: Jim M

Total Props: 15

I think I would rather accept a report from an independently engaged investigator rather than one appointed, and/or directed, by the individual in question who seemingly has his own motives.

What powers does the self-called Past President (I feel if he quit Presidency then he quit - period) have to make such appointment - surely Mr. Melbourne has greater authority?
Applehoney is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1

Be prepared for a white wash by a new investigation.I'll bet dollars to donuts it will be by those accused and will use others as scape goats. There is real potential for the loss of some good people both as zone directors and MAAC office staff.
Despite the claims of no old boys group,it's there and it's strong and we all got suckered by it.
IAN GUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in