Blade CP Pro vs. Blade 400 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 12-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Fuzzydog
RCC Contributor

I am: Stephane L
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 11
Blade CP Pro vs. Blade 400

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a CP Pro and am considering purchasing a Blade 400 but I'm not sure if I will gain anything in this step.
If anyone is familiar with both of these helis and could compare them for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fuzzydog is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: Blade CP Pro vs. Blade 400

Hi Fuzzydog.

I have experience with both helis and I can tell you that if you can fly the CP pro, you will be taking a big step going to the Blade 400, but this is the right step for you.

Others may disagree, but personally, I do not like the flying characteristics of the the Blade 400. IMHO, you will be much better off moving to a Trex450 helicopter or its clones. They are better performers than the Blade 400. Once gain, I must emphasize that others may disagree but this is my opinion based on instructing numerous beginners on both types.

Moving to a driven tail and full collective will give you more precise control than you are used to with the CPpro. The slightly larger and heavier 450 type of heli will also give you great in-wind performance, and the driven tail will give you nice crisp tail response, something you don't presently have in your CPpro.

Trex 450's are very common. You should be able to pick one up from your LHS or even here on RCC. If you don't have an LHS, PM me and I can email you some parts lists from various sources that you can order these heli's from.

Cheers,
Max
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

The cp pro is a motor tail 300 size electric while the blade 400 is a 400/450 size belt driven tail. The 400/450 is actually going to be both harder and easier to fly. Harder in that the response will be better but easier in that the larger size will make it more stable.

If you can afford it, I'd personally suggest going to a 500 instead, not much more cost but quite a bit of difference from a 400/450 in stability.
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Fuzzydog
RCC Contributor

I am: Stephane L
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 11

thanks for the input. I am still waffling on the purchase. I haven't flown the CP in a while and I think I will get it out a bit over xmas holidays and see where I want to go from there.
I might just bite the bullet and go nitro - there is just something about a nitro helicopter that calls to me.
Fuzzydog is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzydog View Post
thanks for the input. I am still waffling on the purchase. I haven't flown the CP in a while and I think I will get it out a bit over xmas holidays and see where I want to go from there.
I might just bite the bullet and go nitro - there is just something about a nitro helicopter that calls to me.
Well, there is nothing wrong with Nitro, and the adage in the RC heli community is "bigger is better". So if you can go bigger, then by all means do so.

While I fly both Electric and Nitro helis, I have fallen in love with the convenience of electrics. I have flown nitro helis since the late ‘70’s, and have only gotten into electric about a year and a half ago. The best part of the electrics, for me at least, is it allows me to fly during my lunch break at work. Just plug in and fly. No starter motors, no glow igniter, no fuel cans, no fuel pumps…

Last srping/summer/fall I flew almost every day during the work week...
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
jmcintosh
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Joel M.
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 50

Total Props: 1

I have both electric and nitro and I like both. I recommend the T-Rex helicopters due to the swash setup. I have setup the Blade SR, Blade 400, MSR, T-Rex 450, T-Rex 250, Raptor, X-Cell 40 and 60, Sceadu and Kinetic. The Blade 400 is at the bottom of my list due to the orientation of the swash and the ECCPM mixing problems It seems to incure. Even the T-Rex clones are better just use good equipment and batteries and read, read, read!
jmcintosh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in