Flying Tigers Scale Aerobatic Encounter 2012 - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 07-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #61
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Re: Flying Tigers Scale Aerobatic Encounter 2012

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billpilotca View Post
As far as I know the rule only specifies crown and coke so bourbon and Pepsi is still allowed. As a matter of fact Mike S from Michigan made reference to your bourbon Jim, must have been memorable. I hope the two Mikes make it up this weekend.
Bill,

I believe he was reffering to the Lamb's Black Sheep Spiced Rum. I got both of them hooked on it at the Stoney Creek Nats a couple of years ago. So Rhum and Pepsi is ok to as well as Guiness of course.

I hope The two Mikes can make it as well.

They should tell Ward Miller it is OK to come to, I'm NOT flying!

Sorry Ward!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #62
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper-911 View Post
Hi Jim. What is the earliest time we will be able to get into the field on Friday?

Thanks

Regards,

Bob
Bob,

I'm going to say from NOON on 100% just to give myself some wiggle room to get there. I am off on Friday but I live an 1.5 hours from the field and it would be rush hour when I leave.

Rick and Don are you guys coming Thursday night or during the day some time on Friday?

I'll be at the field Thursday night from about 18h00 to 21h00.

We have room for about 4-5, 25-30 foot 5th wheel trailers. Lots of room for tents. No hookups or runing water but a very nice loo but no shower. Tents to be erected to the east of the barn like garden shed along the south side of the driveway but behind the posts. First come first serve.

With low numbers no planned dinner for Saturday night but there are numerous restaraunts about 20 minutes back toward Hamilton. I'll post a list here tomorrow night with addresses so you can Google Map or use your GPS. Most of my Seasoned Campers bring there own food and there is a propane BBQ available for cooking your own.

Please be mindfull of your garbage. Containers will be available but please police yourselves accordingly as we have no garbage removal service at the field other then what will fit in my van on Sunday night!

We will have lunch available. Standard Burger and Dogs perhaps some sausauges and drinks. Again with low numbers there will be only about 2-3 choices for drinks + water as a fourth.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Old 07-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #63
ripper-911
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Robert M
Radio of choice:
FrSky Horus Baby! All the way!
# of RCs: 47

Total Props: 0

Haha! Hi Bill. Missed you at Rideau in Ottawa. Looking forward to Cayuga!
Aw c'mon you guys are the best teachers! I just need to get there on Friday and slip in a couple of hundred flights before we start on Saturday!

See you Saturday Bro!

Regards,

Bob

Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #64
ripper-911
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Robert M
Radio of choice:
FrSky Horus Baby! All the way!
# of RCs: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy View Post
Bob,

I'm going to say from NOON on 100% just to give myself some wiggle room to get there. I am off on Friday but I live an 1.5 hours from the field and it would be rush hour when I leave.

Rick and Don are you guys coming Thursday night or during the day some time on Friday?

I'll be at the field Thursday night from about 18h00 to 21h00.

We have room for about 4-5, 25-30 foot 5th wheel trailers. Lots of room for tents. No hookups or runing water but a very nice loo but no shower. Tents to be erected to the east of the barn like garden shed along the south side of the driveway but behind the posts. First come first serve.

With low numbers no planned dinner for Saturday night but there are numerous restaraunts about 20 minutes back toward Hamilton. I'll post a list here tomorrow night with addresses so you can Google Map or use your GPS. Most of my Seasoned Campers bring there own food and there is a propane BBQ available for cooking your own.

Please be mindfull of your garbage. Containers will be available but please police yourselves accordingly as we have no garbage removal service at the field other then what will fit in my van on Sunday night!

We will have lunch available. Standard Burger and Dogs perhaps some sausauges and drinks. Again with low numbers there will be only about 2-3 choices for drinks + water as a fourth.
Thanks Jim. We will see you around noon then on Friday.

Regards,

Bob
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #65
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper-911 View Post
Haha! Hi Bill. Missed you at Rideau in Ottawa. Looking forward to Cayuga!
Aw c'mon you guys are the best teachers! I just need to get there on Friday and slip in a couple of hundred flights before we start on Saturday!

See you Saturday Bro!

Regards,

Bob
Yeah once I saw you were headed to Ottawa then I went to Jackson to have a chance ! Looking forward to it. Had major engine problems on the weekend and my DA100 is headed to Tuscon tomorrow. Hoping to fly my backup this weekend. Barring that I may have to dig out a 60 sized Extra. See you Friday I hope
Old 07-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #66
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24

Quote:
Yeah once I saw you were headed to Ottawa then I went to Jackson to have a chance ! Looking forward to it. Had major engine problems on the weekend and my DA100 is headed to Tuscon tomorrow. Hoping to fly my backup this weekend. Barring that I may have to dig out a 60 sized Extra. See you Friday I hope
Bill,

You can fly Pinky if you want but she is JR equipped and PINK afterall but she flies true with PRIDE!

She's aboot 27lbs with a DA100L on a Air Wild 27x10 NG3 plywood prop. Straight DA dumps so plenty of power! ARR ARR ARR!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #67
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24

Quote:
Bill,

I thought you had moved up to 40%.

I have a NIB DA100L that needs breaking in. Are you in the area over the next few days?
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #68
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21

Quote:
Bill,

You can fly Pinky if you want but she is JR equipped and PINK afterall but she flies true with PRIDE!

She's aboot 27lbs with a DA100L on a Air Wild 27x10 NG3 plywood prop. Straight DA dumps so plenty of power! ARR ARR ARR!
Thanks Jim - I am hoping my other DA100 Extra 260 will fire and fly. Have not flown it since last year but fingers crossed. Seem to be having some bad luck with DA ignitions this year, either not working or firing on one lead. But my one engine deadsticked on the weekend and no matter what I do (bypassed switches, opto-kills, used a known good ignition) it will not go. Not getting much practice in when the darn engine won't start !
Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #69
neil benjamin
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Neil B

Quote:
ATTENTION BASIC PILOTS!

Smart-Fly, thanks in part to Neil Benjamin are donating a Special Prize for Basic Pilots Only to try and boulster some interest.

So EVERY Basic Pilot will receive a Raffle Ticket during Registration and will be ellegible for the prize to be drawn Saturday after flying stops for the day.

So come on Basic Pilots, where are you!
Hey guys try spread the word to your local clubs etc.
Jim puts a lot of effort In his contest. Let's get some basic guys to enjoy this stuff

Last edited by scaleguy; 07-03-2012 at 08:48 PM.
neil benjamin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #70
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24

Quote:
Thanks Jim - I am hoping my other DA100 Extra 260 will fire and fly. Have not flown it since last year but fingers crossed. Seem to be having some bad luck with DA ignitions this year, either not working or firing on one lead. But my one engine deadsticked on the weekend and no matter what I do (bypassed switches, opto-kills, used a known good ignition) it will not go. Not getting much practice in when the darn engine won't start !
Bill did you see my second post? NIB DA100L sitting here doing nothing. Break it in for me!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in