Dual motor special setup for CL415 - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:59 AM   #11
Flypaper
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gord C

Total Props: 8
Re: Dual motor special setup for CL415

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
In the Deltaray, I have it set up so at say, half throttle, or any throttle setting other than shut off, when you give full rudder, one motor speeds up and the other stops. These are the max limits. You can set them anywhere in between. Deltaray does the coolest flatspins you've ever seen with full rudder.
Flypaper is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #12
realbob
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Ivan S
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

Thanks for all the info!
Blade mCX S300 - Blade mSR - Blade 120SR - Blade mCPX - Trex 450 - Blade MQX - AR Drone v2

Last edited by realbob; 09-05-2015 at 10:47 PM.
realbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #13
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

No-one has explained exactly how to do it, so i will make an attempt to explain.

Please understand that its hard to tell someone exactly how to do a setup withought knowing the exact make and model of the radio that you are using. Every radio is different and the methods for each radio is unique. Even radios of the same manufacturer but different models have different programming styles.

So I will give you general information and you can try to adapt it to your particular radio.

The first thing you need to do is know that you will be needing mixing to make this work properly. The mixing can be programmed by a switch so when the switch is in one position there is no mixing, and when the switch is in a second position the mixing is active. Now what you want to do is set up your radio so that you have one channel for each ESC. Naturally the first channel for throttle will be the first ESC and the second channel with the second ESC will be on channel six.

Now you have several options on setting up 2 esc's on 2 separate channels. one of the easiest way to get dual throttles on two channels is to use your radios helicopter mode. Set up your radio for helicopter and then plug in ESC 1 into the throttle and ESC 2 to to pitch(channel 6). Without adjusting any of the curves for throttle or pitch, you will automatically have dual throttles on two separate channels. Now the trick is to add the mixing. We will start by programming the mixing on the throttle channel.

Go to your mixing menu and set up your first mix. Most radios have several mixing programs. So this will be mixing program 1. You will need to set a switch to enable mixing on or off. Let's call this switch "switch A". You want it so that when the switch is in one position there is no mixing and in the second position the mixing is on. So when you set up the first mixing ptogram, you want to tell the program that you want to use switch A. Once you have assigned mixing on/off with switch A, you now need to set up the actual mixing in program 1.

Now to set up the mixing in program 1. Remember: mixing on and off is controlled by switch A. Make sure switch a is in the "mix on" position when you program the following:

With switchA in the "on" position, you want to program the mix so that rudder input produces a mixing output on the throttle Channel. Set it up so that when you add left rudder, it increases the throttle on ESC 1 (which is let's say on the right side) and when you add right rudder it reduces throttle. That's pretty much it. You are done setting up mixing for rudder to throttle. Exit mixing program one and now set up mixing program 2.

Mixing program 2 will be set up identical to mixing program 1, also using the same "switchA", the only difference being the program is now for rudder input ouputs to the other ESC (channel 6).
Take the props off and test on the ground befo re you try this on the water.

Good luck!

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:16 AM   #14
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
..... one of the easiest way to get dual throttles on two channels is to use your radios helicopter mode......
But in many radios you will lose the built in mixing for flaps/elevator compensation, wing types etc. that you quite likely want with fixed wing when a simple mix of throttle to one other channel is all you need. Then you do the rudder to each of those channels, that you will need to do anyway, to get the offset effect.
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #15
Max
Administrator

Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
But in many radios you will lose the built in mixing for flaps/elevator compensation, wing types etc. that you quite likely want with fixed wing when a simple mix of throttle to one other channel is all you need. Then you do the rudder to each of those channels, that you will need to do anyway, to get the offset effect.
True. In that case you need to set up the TX for airplane mode, then you need to set up 3 mixes,
Mix1 would be to mix throttle to second channel (Whatever you plugged into for the second ESC) and set up a 100% linear mix.
Then Mix 2 and 3 would be set up as I described in my previous post.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #16
realbob
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Ivan S
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

HI, thanks for all the help, will start builing my plane soon, I hope so!
WIll let you know how it goes or if more help needed!
Blade mCX S300 - Blade mSR - Blade 120SR - Blade mCPX - Trex 450 - Blade MQX - AR Drone v2
realbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:39 AM   #17
Max
Administrator

Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by realbob View Post
HI, thanks for all the help, will start builing my plane soon, I hope so!
WIll let you know how it goes or if more help needed!
Fantastic! Keep us posted on your progress. Its always good to share alnd learn from each other

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in