Nitro Engine Consumption !!! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 07:01 PM   #21
POWLING
Resident complainer

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
yeah we will see nex year dalton.....if you ever make up your mind if you into rc or not...or off doing your other hobbies......like knitting
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #22
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
lets see here.....
my VZB from last year died a natural death early on in the season. Just worn right out. It got me a A main qual. at the Sammy's glorcs race for truggy and a decent finish, too.
I had a powerhouse modded OSRG that had a bearing go bad. I made the mistake of replacing the main bearing with a steele caged bearing from canadian bearing - i had no options as i found it just days befor the GRC race. That bearing lasted right up untill the b main - then took out the whole motor.
I fabricated a VZB Franken-Spec from several differnet motors over the cauldron at chewy's cottage the night before. The motor was going well in the main at GRC, but a flywheel/collet issue stopped me short. The same motor got me the need for speed win at the hobby home bash... 54 miles per hour i think?? It still runs... but not very well.
Other than that i've put some wear and tear on two more RG's - one a powerhouse modded rg that's had a crank and conrod transplant since the mod - powered my truggy for the rest of the season and still going strong. The other was a fabulous little deal from Brotherdirt - i think i paid $40.00 for stock RG that kicked some at sprucewood, niagara final, did OK at bellevegas.... can't recall if i bought that from him at the 1st niagara race or at bellevegas... anyways, still going strong.
Have another RG on stash, and still looking for even one more brand new one to make a complete set to run in 2007.
The 1st vzb is going to be rebuilt from the ground up and sent to powerhouse over the winter just for kicks - just to have something absolutely NUTZ for that one time at that one track - matching jp2 pipe to go with it too.
Oh yeah - the top end in my Baja went to shizzle... i don't think it was my fault, though. I believe the casting wasnt cleaned correctly, as there were some seriously WIDE scrapemarks up the cylinder walls in there. Got a nice top end kit for under a hundred bones to get it going nicely again.
Thats about it for me for last season.
I got a fist full of burnt up stupid aluminum clutch shoes and about 9 trillion blown clutch bearings to show for the season.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:45 PM   #23
duratraxD
RCC Contributor

I am: Dalton Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWLING
yeah we will see nex year dalton.....if you ever make up your mind if you into rc or not...or off doing your other hobbies......like knitting
hey, its alot cheaper than racing, plus you get a nice sweater in the end!!! hahah Cya next season Pow-Dog

Upgrade RC
duratraxD is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:49 PM   #24
Ron_Prinzen
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Well, lets see...

Brand new RG that lasted about 5 tanks cause bad throttle servo.
Brand new Ninja #1 didn't even get off the starter box, lost compression after about 2 tanks of break in.
Brand new Novarossi 21 Plus 5 that lasted a weekend and half, cause bad bearing.
Brand new NovaMega 1/8th on road engine lasted about a gallon and then the bearing went.
But knock on wood, Ninja #2 is still running after several gallons.

...time to get back to electric racing

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:51 PM   #25
Ron_Prinzen
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Martin Petrie's turn.....

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #26
John Bakker
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB

Bad year for me
2x Mach 26 great mill ,can't take a 45 min main
Axial 28 = junk
TTR pro 21 good while it lasted
OS Vspec it's a Vspec
OS vg30 sucked dirt at FTR
Falcon 21 fantom flame out special
Rossi Axe cobra 21 3 gallons needs rebuild
RB S7 running strong @ 4 gallons

Servo's ???? don't get me started
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:46 PM   #27
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Prinzen
...time to get back to electric racing
NO!
You need.... PETROL!
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:12 PM   #28
POWLING
Resident complainer

i dont even want to see the list of servos chewy.......
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:50 PM   #29
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Well not any motor issues for me to really speak of except needed to take out the Collari B7 needs a new rod. Broke off the screw in the crank which holds the clutch bell on...still need to give back the loaner crank to Endler. Put in a new Team line B7 had some carb issues switched to a RG carb, motor came alive...since then changed back to original carb with great success after retuning Bought a brand new Cobra only to have a bad front bearing in it...Had it replaced by HC for free...had 1/4 gallon thru it traded it for a RB WS72 ( wicked motor ) and RB S7 which needs an overhaul.

that's about it.
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #30
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Ron did you talk to Mugen about your engine ?

Also The Nova Rossi Plus 5 was under waranty from Fusion Motor Sports. They had a bad batch of bearings. Jim was warrantying them even if Nova Rossi wouldn't. I would talk to him. He will treat you well.

Chewy I would talk to Jame T Little on the grid. Or maybe someone else. That has been a tune or plug issue. I can't remember as I didn't save that part. I have been trying to keep a file on each item I'm thinking about getting. I like to know all the info and how to deal with it.

It depends also when it's flaming out. On the end of a straight or off a big jump etc.... It shouldn't be that hard to adjust out. It's a great engine.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in