Safety vs Sensationalism - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #71

Total Props: 57

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ok you guys and your silly replies are getting old.....

Back to the real topic of this thread, stupid hovering tricks

More pictures to feed the argument

In the words of a great British spy..... YA BABY YA!!!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:26 PM   #72
J_Helps

Total Props: 0
I like your emoticon Marc. If this truely were a bar I would ask the two of you to take it outside so the rest could drink in peace!!

To bad we ( I have been known to go there as well) cannot remain focussed on issues but need to quickly turn to personal attacks.

To return to the topic, on the MAAC site the atlantic zone is proposing a change to MAAC safety rules to try and address this issue. The seem reasonable and well thought out to me.

JH
J_Helps is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:28 PM   #73

Boo only 3 pictures allowed per post.....

Here is the last of the pot stirring series

Old 11-19-2003, 01:29 PM   #74
J_Helps

The first two pictures do not illustrate any safety concerns as they are simply checking their needle valve setting! (admittedly the fellow in number two has incredible hand and wrist strength)

JH
J_Helps is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:38 PM   #75
Rammer64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic
I'm back! Nothing wrong with some back and forth banter Rammer, it is a forum. If it bothers you to read this than there is an easy solution.... dont read it I allready have a mom and dad, and even they dont tell me what and what discussions I can and cannot take part in any more...

All this talk about TOC dudes, and such... isnt this thread, the point originally, to do with us REGULAR JOE'S at our own flying fields?? I mean, I dont really care what happens with the bigshots, they are not in our world, at the local flying club doing what they do.

This, to me, is 100% to do with the guys at the club hovering, and doing tail touches and walking out to touch the plane. I am firmly against endangering anyone else, the pilot's business is his own.

Once again, this has to do with trying a total BAN on a certain type of flying, and also the publication of photos in mags, of those types of flying.... not the odd TOC guy that likes to hover over his father...

Andrew. I'm not against good discussions at all! In fact, I think it's a requirement to succeed in improvement for life. My problem is that it's the VERY SAME people that ruined the OTHER site bring the GRIM REAPER approach here. Instead of bringing out good quality constructive ideas- their approach is to highlight all the bad aspects of the hobby and highlight them in political discussions. This does absolutely NOTHING to improve the hobby or boast it's many other fine aspects.
I will continue to read in THIS foruum as Jason does an excellent job here and I do enjoy the company here. There's some good quality stuff here. That's why I'm here as well as many others.
It's just annoying how the same (3) work repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again. This approach is well documented on every forum they enter. One starts the negative post about the hobby. The second posts a url to support the negativity and the third one starts the political banter causing conflict.
These politics are not needed here. This is a fun site for everyone to enjoy and LEARN and NOT to condemn the sport and those running it.

This sport is like anything else. If you don't try new things, it will never advance. What would this world be like if the EINSTEIN's of the world were scared to try something new CUZ of the insurance companies threats to make you pay more if something new failed.

There's CALCULATED risk in everything we do. The UNSAFE flying is when someone goes beyond the calculated risk and beyond the limits

I've said my piece and that is MY opinion and MY opinion only!
Rammer64 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:22 PM   #76
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
OK Rammer, I agree - good post. You know it just got the better of me.

Hey Chad, I dont see you in any of those shots?? Cant a patern plane hover or what :P
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:44 PM   #77

Sure they can!! But I always fly alone so you will just have to take my word for it
Old 11-19-2003, 05:53 PM   #78
GeoffH
RCC Contributor

I am: Geoff H
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 2
In the 1st and 4th photos the 2 guys are hand launching that 40% Edge. Or is that unsafe too? Just figured might as well accurately criticize other peoples flying.

Geoff
GeoffH is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:12 PM   #79
Marc Sharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic
OK Rammer, I agree - good post. You know it just got the better of me.
Disagree......Rammer's post sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammer64
"It's just annoying how the same (3) work repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again."

"the VERY SAME people that ruined the OTHER site"
How does any of this relate to an opinion on regulating 3D flying? 3 of us now? Lord love a duck. I'm not even on the same side as BBAir, I hold the same basic opinion as you Rammer?

.........come on over here Rammer, Dennis.............let's have a hug.

Marc Sharpe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:50 PM   #80

How wrong you can be!!!!

Ah sorry Mark it’s just that after thinking about it for a while it is apparent, you are no longer a Zone Director, your opinions and actions are of little or no consequence. That being said and to put things in their proper perspective you are but an insignificant will-knot in the crack of life. Hardly worth acknowledging at all.

Dennis
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in