Whats a good engine .21? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:24 AM   #11
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
But the motor limit for 1/8 buggy is .21 or 3.5cc. Also you can get a Crono RS5 for less than $300 CDN. You just have to shop around.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:05 AM   #12
ChrisP
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris Persyn

Bang for the buck the Collari's need to get some consideration too...

The B3 (I believe..) is around or under the $300 mark...and the B7 is only $345 at my local hobby shop....the motors are getting positive reviews ont he starting grid forum as well..hopefully I'll be firing mine up this weekend
ChrisP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #13
imported_Red97
RCC Senior Contributor

i like the thunder tiger in my menace it keeps its tune and always work well and its easy on plugs.
imported_Red97 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #14
ProSeries44z

Another consideration when purchasing an engine is the "Tuning" it needs to be usefull on the track. If you are a new racer/driver, and you have to drill, cut, shoes and run heavy gauge springs for that motor to generate enough torque to clear jumps, accelerate etc., you may not want that engine. They are harder to drive because of the late engagement of the clutch at high RPM. This is especially critical on loose, tight tracks. On clay or high traction tracks it will be less of a problem. I ran RB's, Novarossi's, OS's and the higher end RB's tend to need a little more clutch refinement. The Novarossi's are less clutch sensitive and the OS's even less.

Just from my experience.
ProSeries44z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #15
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Collari's are a great engine. But basically a Nova Rossi P5 (Crono RS5) for less than $300 cdn is a awesome deal. Look at the results of any race. Richard Saxton is running the Crono engines. No clutch work required. Imported by a Canadian Dist. with lots of parts. The Collari's are the same. Only slightly more money. Josh Wheeler put a Collari in a XB8 in the A-main at the ROAR Fuel Nationals last weekend.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #16
kenora

Just be careful when you purchase an OEM engine (Original Equipment Manufacturers) opt to change certain items. I can tell you that the piston/sleeve & conrod are of a different material from the Rossi engines to the L. Collari engines, due to proprietary and patented materials and designs. Just a heads up. You should also be careful when looking at the numbers on engines, most manufacturers put the numbers down right before the engine gets destroyed. I remember years ago looking at an engine manufacturers claim, and when I investigated it, they got the numbers from putting 40% through a .12 engine, no wonder the engines looked so good. Just a heads up.
kenora is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #17
korgae
RCC Apprentice

The Collari mentioned by Kenora is the INOTECH Collari, not the WERKS Collari as mentioned by Chris P and Mugen Man.

There is some confusion around as to what is what in regards to Collari.

Lamerto Collari left Inotech years ago to start his own motor company with his father. (His line is the WERKS Collari Motorsports motors) INOTECH refuses to stop using Lamerto's family name. The matter is now among the courts of Italy.

So until the above is resolved here is a cheat sheet:

INOTECH Engines are manufactured either by PICCO or ROSSI, These engines are imported my MAGMA and for the most part has a "X" and a ### in the description. ( Example: XS400) and come in a black box.

WERKS Collari ( Lamberto's company) comes in a white box and is currently offered in 2 versions. The B3 and the B7 (for offroad) which are made by STAR MOTORS ( SIRIO) to Lamerto's specs and design.

As Mugen Man mentioned, the Werks Collari Engine (B7) made the "A" at the US ROAR Nationals in the hands of Jeremy Kortz ( Kyosho) and Josh Wheeler ( XRAY)

Since both Collari engines have excellent distribution channels, parts and engines should be easy to get. Check with your LHS.

Can West R/C
XRAY Canada
korgae@canwestrc.net
korgae is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:44 AM   #18
kenora

I wasn't bashing any one line of engines Korgae, and am well aware of who dist. both the engine lines mentiones, which is why I clarified "L" Collari, not "WERKS". But I was more concerned that people are aware that when companies OEM a product, that specifications are often changed. Simply put, it is a buyer beware opinion, not a dig against anyone manufacturers product. All the engines that have been mentioned here are are excellent choices and no matter what is picked, I am sure the customer will be happy with it - as long as he knows how to tune the engine or knows someone that can help him tune it.

lates.
kenora is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in