BAD BUYER BEWARE!!!! member ===>(arcticoasis) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Sebastian
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 12
BAD BUYER BEWARE!!!! member ===>(arcticoasis)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello guys

Just a beware to everyone here

MEMBER --> arcticoasis is a not good buyer

here's the story

he messaged me like 20 times to get info on plane prices (wich he would always try to lower.....)

then we finally agree to a price wich is 240$ shipping included ....

he then msg me back 10 mins after Sorry i bought an other plane i can't make the deal .....good day sorry (blah blah...)
im like What the?.......

Then he msg me back the day a fter : Ahhh yeah te deal is off im offering you the 240$ with shipping for your plane

I then say to him kindly alright we got a deal all you have to do is make a money order.... & it's settlle.....)

then he msg me saying He wants it by this weekend..............
he wants me to ship it right now & all of that (without me seeing 1 cent of his money)

I said i would but i need to package it & receive the ''MONEY TO SHIP THE PLANE..........dah!?''
PS: i don't trust you & your so uptight about the situation it scares me also......

he then says to me ah ok... it's ok then we move on .

today he says i sent your money at post office .

I said great i took the plane appart , it's almost packaged & ready to be sent as soon as i get the payment (I CAN EVEN SEND YOU PICS OF THE PLANE PACKAGEd..........)

he then msg me 10 mins later ahhh i retracted my money from post office

as he writes in EMAIL ===

Listen...I am very uncomfortable about this transaction. Everything
that I have asked you are unable to do...
I have cancelled the money order and obtained it from the Post Office.
I apologize but your answers to my questions put me at a huge risk.

Deal off.
Dave

PS: i have all the discussion we had on email i am not the one to blame he is just a kid who doesn't know how to use money i beleive

DOn't waste time with him

now im Freaking pissed i got a plane not sold & in peices in a box for absoludly Nothing.

Ill think twice next time

I never f no one this is the first time i get * & next time Ill be more vigilant.

waste of time & professionalism = 0

I feel sad , for 1 thing i wanted to have a 1 Deal on RC canada at least to put myself on the trust map
but haven't got the good dancer to dance with i shall say
hayabusafmw is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

here is some PM i had from him (that i didn't delete)
Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:57 am

I did...I purchasd a P-51 Mustang PTS. Picked this up for $280us including shipping. Only flown 2 times....Got it on ebay.
Maybe your price is a bit high..the P-51 is $459 brand new.
I may have a buddy that is interested though...I was telling him about your plane the other night...if it is still available I will let him know.

Dave

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:15 pm

Do you still have the plane for sale????
My deal with the P-512 fell through....
$240 cad including shipping???

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:39 pm
Yes....
The deal is still $240 including shipping right?
Now, I Manage 2 Credit Unions in Saskatchewan...it might be easier for me and you if I just wire the money directly to you through the Credit Union. Let me know your thoughts. If we did this you would have the money in your hands within 48 hours.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:08 pm

When will you send the package???
What happens if I send the money and you go to ship it and it costs way more money than $40?
I don't have a problem with the Money order....Just don't want to get burned....I have to protect myself too and right now I am taking on all the risk

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:49 pm

Please send me an email with all of your mailing info as well as phone number, address and name to david.devos@horizoncu.ca
Also include in the email the total pruchase price and the item description.

thats when it ended & was supposed to have the money coming my way......
Old 10-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
martinic
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Calvin Martini
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 7
You have only been a member since July 12th, have posted just 25 times (nicely - mostly regarding your plane and this deal) and have no feedback (positive or negative). That's not much history.

You might wish to consider an escrow service when both sides are uncomfortable sending goods/money.

It's a shame your deal fell through, but this is not too bad a case - you still have your plane and are only out a little time. I personally would not consider this grounds for flaming the guy publicly - just leave negative feedback (be professional and don't just bash) - something like" Backed out on deal".
martinic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #4
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

I have my ebay account who is 100% feed.

I know i haven't been on here for long , but from the exp of shipping & deals i made in any part i never desapointed someone .

Since this summer im trying to get rid of the plane ,

the bugger is not the thing that he didn't trust me it's just he played a certain game of yes , no yes no

in a matter of minutes he could say from a yes to a maybe to a complete no ....
Old 10-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
I think Martinic is on the right track here. Both guys are very new and arcticoasis even has one of his firsts post as a "Newbee needs help". I checked 3 other sites in case of any feedback, and found no listing for arcticoasis.
You will always find a guy that might change his mind and back out at the last minute, and that's his choice. I know it might be frustrating to the seller but it's all part of the "game".

Think of a used car salesman. He spends alot of time trying to sell a car only to find out that the buyer doesn't even have a drivers licence. But the salesman knows enough not to be rude, because one day the buyer may be back and a sale might eventually happen.
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

mike i like your comparison :P seeing it that way ^^

i used to be a salesmen not long ago.. i know the feeling when you see big $$$$$$ for comission & the person drops it or makes it wait.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
Oracle
RCC Junior Contributor

There might have been a solution, you could have told him that for an extra charge you can request Canadapost to have "Collect on Delivery". which basically he could get the plane and pay the mailman the money at same time with no fears.
Oracle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

yeah , isn't this like COD?...

I never did that before... people used to transfer me paypal money or something but i got 1 * experience using paypal (in result paying 500$ in fraud)

so i only used money orders from now on... but ... Could of worked with Cod ....dumb me.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #9
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

I've been hearing alot of bad things about PayPal and all they will say to you is something like, sorry but we can't help you. . . .

Myself, I prefer money orders as well. So long as it's issued from a larger recognized bank they will always contain 2-3 security methods that are visible. I check for the watermark on the back, and the very tiny micro printed boarder. Font size is like .5, but you can read it with a good magnifying glass.
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #10
arcticoasis

My reply

Just thoguth I would drop a line to hear my side...
Yes I was up in the air and when I contacted him he always had an excuse...for example I asked him about paypal...he said no my bank isn't set up and it is hard for me to get the money out, then I asked him if I could wire the money...I work at a Credit Union and it is easy for me to do..he again said no he only wants a canada postal order.
I again gave in and bought the money order this am and I gave him validation of this via email...telling him the serial number of the Money Order as well I spent the extra money to ensure there were tracking methods in place with Canada Post as well as signatures..this all cost extra money.
I simply asked him if it was possiable for him to package the plane and send it ASAP and if this was acceptable as validation. He got very upset and said no and compared himself to WALMART...I simply asked him to send me something to show the deal is going through...I assume all of the RISKS and I felt that he could work a little better with the customer.
WIth all of his answres to the questions gave me really bad feelings that there is a good chance that I could be taken. I then backed out. I appolgized and he continued to slander and send me emails until he told me to stop replying to them. Then he goes here and slanders me more.
I think that any buyer that was in my shoes would have done the same thing. Why would you not accept a Bank wire...it is there withing 24 hours. Get over it and move on.
arcticoasis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in